Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Year's Resolutions, anyone??

CharlieH.

One Too Many
My resolutions for '07:

- Stop worrying too much about schoolwork. I've yelled at too many innocent souls.
- Get a job for the summer
- Stop talking too much about myself
- Eat more fruit and less pastries
- Go to a party and actually have fun, no matter how horrid the party is.
- Spruce up my wardrobe
- Read more

And that's the tip of the iceberg.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Finish academic theses. Find time for a parachute jump or two.
Acquire a Jaguar. Ask a certain lovely senorita to marry me.
(These were last year's resolutions, recycled for 2007):)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
1. Ignore the scale but diet + exercise my way to a size 2 or visible ribs whichever comes first.

2. I'm going to be moving out of the city, so this wrinkles what had previously been an easy goal, but I gotta pick either a gym membership or Tae Kwon Do classes, and DO IT.

-Viola

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I was thinking about this thread today, specifically about how I did on my resolutions for 2007 which were:

Finish losing weight (and be patient as it comes off at a healthy pace)
Lost another 10 pounds this year, but more importantly kept the large amount weight I've lost off for another year. I'll continue to work on this one in 2008.

Make some new friends/meet some interesting people
Knocked this one out of the park.

Get to New York City more (and while there attend a taping of The Colbert Report and The Daily Show)
Yep. I went to NYC at least 12 times last year and saw Colbert 6 times (I'm such a fangirl). I had tickets to see The Daily Show in early December but because of the writer's strike the show was cancelled. A friend offered to take me to a taping in March so hopefully everything will be resolved by then.

Spend more time on my writing
I did a lot more editing for folks than I did original writing but I think it still counts toward this goal. I'll try to do more original stuff in 2008.

Learn to dance
Well, Ben and Paddy did their best but I still need to work on this one!

Have more fun
I definitely achieved this goal, in many ways

On the minus side, I had some illnesses and I was laid off but despite those things 2007 was a very good year.

How about all of you?

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
1. get into grad school!
2. stop using school as an excuse to eat junk all the time
3. continue building my vintage mini-business
4. stop procrastinating (HAHA.)
5. read & sew more, internet less

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
My Top Five

1. Refocus on my health - I lost 30 pounds over the last two years and gained ten of it back this year. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to healthy eating and exercise.

2. Start and finish my third novel.

3. Get a literary agent. This one may be out of my control somewhat, but I'm hopeful it will happen this year.

4. Get my finances in order and start saving more than I spend.

5. Get more involved in my church.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Harp said:
Finish academic theses. Find time for a parachute jump or two.
Acquire a Jaguar. Ask a certain lovely senorita to marry me.
(These were last year's resolutions, recycled for 2007):)

...the first two, OK; the third--still on the list; and the last resolution past-tense. :(

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
1, 2, 3 . . . -3

1) Get out more/meet new people - already started this. :)

2) Get a digital SLR, strobes and other photo equipment, and learn this trade that's been a hobby that I enjoy very much.

3) Get a better paying job to support the first two resolutions until the second resolution is covering them both and I can drop this, the third resolution. lol

Lee

Josephine

One Too Many
Here's what I would like to do:

1. Be more patient with my children.

2. Lose the 30 pounds I gained back in 2006/7 of the 52 I lost in 2005/6.

3. Seriously declutter my house, selling stuff on eBay or sending it to the consignment store.

4. Save up enough to go on a Disney cruise at the end October.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
imoldfashioned said:
I'm sorry to hear that Harp. Onward, eh?

Thanks IOF, but actually I was the one who ended things, and it was the right
decision, so I shouldn't moon about past "irresolutions." :eek:

pretty faythe

One Too Many
RESO's for 2008

Ok, here we go, putting it on here, I have no way to lose it and say "Resolutions? What resolutions? I have no idea what I am talking about." lol

1. Continue to lose the weight that I have finially been losing and start fixing a more healthy diet for me and my offspring.

2. Stop being, for lack of a better word "anti-social" person. Actually talk more to the people I know and who know me, but don't be a sucker. Remember there is a difference between being nice and social and being a sucker.

3. Have more patience with my family. Yes they drive me nuts, but they are the only family I have.

4. When this lease runs out, get a new place to live, away from the mom. (kinda ties into 3. Have no patience anymore living with her. Neither do my kids, which, really is a bad thing.)

5. Regular visits to DDS!! More so for offspring.

I know there are other things, just can't think at the moment.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I've gotten to the point where every year, my resolution is the same every year: Simply in that I hope that in the coming year, I can continue to do the very best that I can in every aspect of my life. That good health and happiness come to those around me. And the sad, painful times be few, but teach me, and improve me. And finally, something similar to the Serenity Prayer, in which I can do my best to change what I can, and to accept what I cannot.

There are many more ways to say that, but that's it in a nutshell.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Where to begin...

1. Get rid of all my junk that is not really worth keeping (about 50% of my stuff, I think).
2. Inventory my various collections.
3. Yoga.
4. Pay bills on time.
5. Once a week (minimum) do something nice for someone without being asked.

pgoat

One Too Many
Twitch said:
To get my health back after all my medical challanges.:( :D

I feel your pain (literally).....I was gonna start jogging again today (too cold to bike lately) but i pulled a hamstring last night walking into our building (could it get anymore lame - pun inteneded). Such fun getting old.....:rolleyes:

ShortClara

One Too Many
Thanks for this thread!

1. I want to have a job that makes me happy. I will still strive creatively, but I'm too old for a day job that sucks my soul anymore.

2. To be my own boss (see #1).

3. To live the Secret even more every day and choose the positive.

4. To discover what the next phase of life will be, as I'm feeling a large change coming on... and to embrace that I might not have all the answers all at once and to be patient with the process/ not anxious about the product.

5. Have silly fun every day! (I already do this, but it's a good goal!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran