Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Year's Resolutions, anyone??

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
missmelly said:
People always say they are the worst dancers but they never are. You did great last Friday! And Mrs Doran also!:)

I WAS HORRID. Julie's friend from Seattle (Mary) and I had to bow out of the lesson so I could refortify myself at the bar!

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
I love the start of the new year, as for me it's a great symbolic time to set out some goals and resolutions. But this year is extra special as I'm about to embark on a very exciting adventure! At the end of the month I'm moving interstate with my boyfriend (back to his home town) to Sydney, so it's going to be a nice fresh start for me.

so my resolutions for the new year and the new start:

- Start exercising regularly again. Where we're moving to is in the mountains and surrounded by beautiful bushland, so my boy and I are going to go walking every day for at least 30 mins! Not jsut for weight loss, but also jsut for general healthe and fitness, and to reduce my stress levels.

- Stick to my strict diet and skincare routine so I can be in remission by April 08. I have a skin condition (psoriasis) that has plagued me for about 9 years now, and I finally found a treatment that actually works (I was almost rid of it in April 07, but then I got stressed and it came back quite badly). If I stick to it, I will finally *fingers crossed* be rid of it!

- Start drawing more! I bought myself some new visual art diaries, and I'm starting to amass a collection of magazines for inspiration. I'd want to get back into my designs challenge that I set myself last year (and never started), and hopefully actually make some of the things I design (talking fashion and costumes here :p).

- no more fast food. It's bad for my skin, my health and my wallet!! Plus the boy's mum gave us a very spiffy cookbook for Christmas, full of recipes that only require 3 or 4 ingredients! I'd like to get back into the kitchen and start cooking more (including cupcakes and muffins and cookies) :D

- Get back into dancing (gotta find a Sydney based clogging club though).

- Get piano lessons (also means getting the piano tuned).

- Sew more 40's and 50's clothing for myself.

- Get my website and store up and running.

Definitely achieveable I think!! :D

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I'm trying several small ones rather than one or two grand, lofty ones this time, and I'm making some long term ones too.

-Walk my dog twice or more times a day, not just twice or three times a week.
-Do one at least one big new thing a year, one that frightens me, and of course several little ones that pop up over the course of life.
-Train for my next black belt examination, which will be the one thing that frightens me for this year.
-Have enough money saved to be able to have a holiday when I get too stressed.
-Pay my tuition without using student loans, it's not doable this term, but as a long term goal I should be able to make it happen with a little discipline.

BegintheBeguine

I'm gonna do it!

There are some cool resolutions in this thread.
Three things I have been saying I'm going to do for so long people roll their eyes:
1. Get a camera and post some pictures.
2. Deal with the important mail right away.
3. Give lying, cheating hubby the boot.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Well I took the first steps....

Today I bought these...
80421-d.jpg
5056-5058-2T.jpg

Monday I start my Jazz & Tap Classes. One resolution down...9 to go...yay!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Congratulations Nash for your first steps!:eusa_clap Keep steppin:)

BeginTheBeguine I hope everything works out for you, you deserve the best.

BegintheBeguine

Thank you, my friends.
I admit I was trying to tell 2 pals last night about my 3 resolutions and I couldn't remember the first one. :eek: So I knew where to look it up and saw your nice wishes.
My dad tap danced and he loved it. I love watching it on The Lawrence Welk Show on Saturday nights. :)
Ashley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran