Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Year's Resolutions, anyone??

Etienne

A-List Customer
I was wondering if anyone makes New Year's Resolutions these days? I have undergone 18 surgeries for all kinds of injuries and problems and am currently 6 weeks post-op from spinal fusion (L3, L4, L5. S1). In Spring I have to have the same surgery for my cervical spine. BUT...once that's done I should be on the road to recovery. I am really going to need a lot of Physical Therapy and would like to try to incorporate exercise more into my daily routine. Because I have degenerative problems I have tended to avoid much exercise since it usually results in injuries for me. But I know it doesn't HAVE to be that way if I exercise properly. So I am making a resolution to learn what I can and can't do and incorporate daily exercise into my life. I want to stop thinking of exercise as the bad E word!

What about any of you...?

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Oh goodness!! Hope you are feeling alright!

I think I should work on being a better person and be more driven with my work. Trying to see my firends more would be nice!

Feraud

Bartender
Personal - Enjoy the quality time with family and friends. Not to sweat the small stuff.

Professional - Make more money!

On the Lounge - Start or continue interesting threads if it kills me! ;)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Oh Etienne, good luck with your recovery. You must be glad to have all that surgery behind you!

Resolutions for me include:
Finish losing weight (and be patient as it comes off at a healthy pace)
Make some new friends/meet some interesting people
Get to New York City more (and while there attend a taping of The Colbert Report and The Daily Show)
Spend more time on my writing
Learn to dance
Have more fun

Feraud

Bartender
imoldfashioned said:
Resolutions for me include:
Finish losing weight (and be patient as it comes off at a healthy pace)
Make some new friends/meet some interesting people
Get to New York City more (and while there attend a taping of The Colbert Report and The Daily Show)
Spend more time on my writing
Learn to dance
Have more fun
If you attend the NYC Fedora Lounge event in '07 you will cover resolutions #2,3, and 6 in one fell swoop! ;)

Steve

Practically Family
I hope to get in better shape, and hopefully be twice the martial artist I've been this past year. Aside from that, I'll join with imoldfashioned and say that I just want to have more fun!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
If you attend the NYC Fedora Lounge event in '07 you will cover resolutions #2,3, and 6 in one fell swoop! ;)

Oh, believe me, I've got my eyes peeled for the NYC '07 dates but I haven't seen any yet. If I'm missing something can you direct me? If not I'll just watch the Events thread. Love the pictures from the '06 event--looks like you had a great time.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I've had a lot of crappy things happen to me too this year. But these things happen in life and we just have to keep doing the best we can.

I've decided to spend more money. As my aunt said, I might end up the richest old woman in the graveyard.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Well, nothing personal, but I am going to try to spend less time on craigslist and this board. A bit of quality time connecting with fun people is all well and good, but I really do not need to be up at three in the morning reading about weather it is appropriate to wear a tuxedo for coctails.

Look for me to visit regularly for short periods of quality fraternizing.

My main goal is to go to bed earlier, get up earlier, and spend more time on the things that will benefit me and improve the quality of my life.

Mateo

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
I'm going to try not to be so passive-aggressive, and not take patronizing tones so seriously. And to play more Sudoku.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Many years ago, I found out that there was one New Year's resolution I could make and not break. I made it and have never, ever broken it:

I vowed never to make New Years resolutions and I have kept it for almost 40 years.

karol

IlsaLund

One of the Regulars
I want to be a good person in 2007. It's the one resolution I've made ever since I was a little girl. I always seem to both keep it and lose it each year.. meaning, I make progress in character, but at the end of the year, I reflect and see that I could have done it better.

Thus, that is my resolution: Do it better.

S

Samsa

1. Stop using Wikipedia, no matter how convenient it may be.

2. Start memorizing poetry again.

3. Start exercising again.

4. Listen to more classical music.

5. Try new things.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Besdides that I´ll become a fantastic sewer I want to loose some weight again. Not that much just about 10 pounds. This means:

Hands off the candys at work
No more waiting for my sweetheart for dinner (he comes home at 10:30 pm sometimes and I usually wait for him with the food eventhough he keeps telling me I´m supposed to eat earlier)
Going on my cross-trainer again

It will be damn hard, but I think it´s a rather realistic wish and finally my whole family will start to ask me "Did you gain weight???" whenever I show up... (by the way: Is anyone surprised I gain weight when they serve me 2 gooses and 2 ducks in 6 days?) lol

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
A couple of things which I all-too-frequently allow to slip, and a couple of things to treat myself better:

1. More time for a personal life. I'm too inclined to lock myself away in the study when I should be out interacting with people.

2. Less tolerance for discourtesy and boorish behaviour. I need to remember that oiks are not people too: if they were people they wouldn't behave like oiks. The prissy will also receive less indulgence when they attempt to foist their proclivities upon me.

3. Even though they're French, the vineyards of the Champagne region need assistance now more than ever. I shall do what I can to invest more in that area.

4. More aeroplanes, more flight time and possibly that share I was looking at as a gift to myself.

Rosie

One Too Many
I'm not sure if they are resolutions but things that I've been mulling over for my new year.

1. Go out more. As of late I've not been out and about the city as I once was. I'll never find a husband in the house. :eek:

2. Exercise more. Lately, my only exercise has been walking, somehow I think wearing a pedometer and hitting over 15,000 steps is a huge accomplishment, gotta stop that.

3. Spend more time with friends and family. (See #1)

4. Finish this darn Leadership in Education Masters. I've gotten so lazy. I haven't taken a full load of classes in a semester, at this rate, the classes I took before will no longer be valid plus, I want to crack 100,000/yr in at least 5 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran