Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I prefer the term News Man cap
l_86746f203bbd02299716c07c79873b5f.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Farewell Metropolis

Thanks, Mr. Kent. That's very informative.
3199206271_8fd2d5c4dc.jpg

There must be myriad secret lairs in the City of the Angels.
Nice cap BTW.
:cool2:

dostacos

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
OK. Here's the Extra Full. I would definitely recommend it only for 1) larger guys, 2) round or broad faces, or 3) Women who like full cut hats.

I think when I get used to seeing myself in a cap, this will become a favorite, as I already like it. And it's very comfortable. I highly recommend Hat People. Great hat, delivered in just over a month.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27810273@N04/sets/72157608237196974/
ah..yep that looks just like my extra full, one in grayish and one in brownish.

I need to get a shot of my son in his plaid full cut.

Funny, when I called to order my son's newsboy and a pair of their touring hats for my other 2 son's she wanted to know why I wanted more hats since I already have 2 :eek:

I plan on a greanish one and linen one for summer time;)

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
PADDY said:
This is the brown herringbone by Brett. I love it. Next time I'm going to get another from this gent but with the leather sweat option, as I'm finding the dark dye can leave dark marks on the skin.

NEWCASTLE08001.jpg

Paddy,
if I were to get a cap like that one you're wearing, what kind of coat would look right with it? I need to wear something on my noggin 'cause the other day, walking home from work,my head felt as if it would explode with pain from the freezing cold wind.A newsboy cap would fit in my pocket nicely.I saw a guy in a suit with a cap and it looked ok.
Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie:

Newsboy caps are very versitile as a head covering. You can wear them with a suit or sports jacket as easily as a leather jacket like an aviator style or a work coat like something from Carhart or Cabelas or even a jean jacket. And don't forget overcoats!

Your best consideration is to think of what you have jacket wise or what you are considering to get. Then start thinking about what color cap to get to match what you'd like to wear it with. Some of the tweedy grays are really good to go with a lot of colors as is black I'd suppose, where as brown tones link good with browns and some greens best.

Then again you'll have the pleasure of trying on your cap with the variety of clothes you have and seeing what works and what works best!

Enjoy!

Torpedo

One Too Many
rgraham said:
The Hat People really need to put one more size into their lineup. Right in the middle of full and extra full. That would seem the perfect size. They do tell you on their website that there is a significant difference between the two.

Other than the size, do you like the other aspects of the cap?

Hello again,

I think the caps are very well done, and, at least in my case, they fit perfectly, no need at all to use that adjusting device they incorporate. The liners I like too. I do not know what is inside the visor (leather? Nothing?); it feels soft, and can be easily shaped.

Communication was good, and waiting time reasonable; I ordered them in early december, and got them this week.

So yes, I would really recommend them.

Regards!

Hal

Practically Family
John in Covina said:
Newsboy caps are very versitile as a head covering. You can wear them with a suit or sports jacket...And don't forget overcoats...Then start thinking about what color cap to get to match what you'd like to wear it with. Some of the tweedy grays are really good to go with a lot of colors as is black I'd suppose, where as brown tones link good with browns and some greens best.
While the only suit with which I'd wear a cap is a tweed, John's other suggestions, both on style and colour, are spot-on.
Raglan-sleeve tweed overcoats and raglan-sleeve single-breasted fly-front raincoats ( I think that Americans call both of these balmacaans) go particularly well with caps, though they also take a trilby/fedora.

Feraud

Bartender
charlie farley said:
Paddy,
if I were to get a cap like that one you're wearing, what kind of coat would look right with it?
Charlie, you can wear everything from an overcoat to a short leather jacket with a cap and it looks good.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Lefty said:
I want to like it, I really do, but it looks too big. I might think that because you're wearing it with just a shirt. Maybe it would look better to me in context - with a leather (or some other, slightly bulky) jacket.

Hi,

As asked, here is the same cap with me in a jacket. The cap is now more broken-in, the earlier were out-of-the-box pics.

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

DSC_0275.jpg

Regards!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic