Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

grant

Familiar Face
Could anyone suggest a good hat maker that reproduces the old newboy caps from the 30's and 40's?

Thanks,
Grant

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
BWear Caps

Do a thread search for B Wear caps. I think the thread was called 8-panel caps.

After hearing and seeing so many great reports, I just received my first BWear cap from Brett and have nothing but positive things to say. The cap was made to my specifications, is extremely well crafted, and arrived lightning fast.

I have no financial interest in the company other than as an extremely happy customer.

Here is the website: http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear/

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Survey Says!?...

B!Wear. That's the best choice thus far.
14261Richard_Dawson.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I don't know if they're still in business, and I've never purchased from them, but if you add an item to your cart and then view the cart, you'll see the price.

I have 2 Newsboy caps from a maker "Park Royal" that I got at The Hats Mart on Colorado blvd in Pasadena that are pretty nice for around $22.

They had them in the glass counter display case on the left near the back of the store.

I'd like to get a b-Wear one some time in the future.

Matt Deckard mentioned he was looking into doing some Newsboy caps to compliment his line of clothing in the near future.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
:eek:fftopic: I've got a problem with the name "Newseum". It's just kind of lame, like "Bob-a-que" commercials for Bob Evans. Plus, it looks quite a bit like (ad) nauseum, nauseous, and the like. It might be a great place, but the name is unfortunate. shakeshead

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
I have a B!Wear Cap that I recently purchased, and I think it's a very nicely made cap-so much so, in fact, that I'm intending to purchase a couple others from B!Wear before the snow begins to fly here in Northeast Ohio. I'd also be interested in seeing what Matt Deckard may introduce in caps to his line as well...

Feraud

Bartender
For the sake of discussion.. the leather sweatband option on B!Wear caps is one that other capmakers should copy. However.. my hat never seemed to sit well on my head. It always sat at at an odd shape as if it were pressed wrong.
I passed it along to Paddy and have to say it looks great on him.
DSC03619.jpg

Come to think of it.. Paddy looks great in any of my hats! :eek: ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/feraud/Paddy in NYC/DSC03525.jpg

I would consider ordering another B!Wear in the future but am satisfied with my Hanna cap.

analogist

One of the Regulars
Simply the Best

Flat-Top;

Give Brett Stiles a call (209 966-5343) and you will get just what you want. I own about 25 of his caps and love them all. I have some in cashmere, leather, linen, tropical wool, tweeds, and even in Gore-Tex. He is the cap man and his product is truly "Comfort food for the head".

analogist

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hello,

I can confirm B! Wear is alive and well, because just today I exchanged a couple of emails with Brett, the man on charge there.

I have not placed an order (yet!), but I can say my preliminary impression is very positive.

Daniel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner