Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
Your full cut looks ALLOT better than my full cut. That is what I was expecting. See the picture of my full cut and see what you think.
What size did you order. Mine was a 24 1/2"

Playdablues... I just received one of their caps today... brown herring bone... that thing is the bee's knees... an amazing cap!!!

~shoes~

mactire

New in Town
A waxed cotton will not breathe at all. Wool will breathe and gradually get soaked in heavy rain, wool will however keep you warm when wet one of the few materials to do so. There were hare and beaver felt caps in the past, I wonder if they would be worth trying resurrecting?

Playdablues

New in Town
Playdablues... I just received one of their caps today... brown herring bone... that thing is the bee's knees... an amazing cap!!!

~shoes~
How long did it take to get? Still nothing has arrived here. Filed a credit card dispute. I ended up ordering a ZaSu cap. These are very authentic 1920's and 30's replicas. So close to the real McCoy that the only difference is they were just made recently instead of 100 years ago! Soft brim and all ... AND HOW!

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I ended up ordering a ZaSu cap. These are very authentic 1920's and 30's replicas. So close to the real McCoy that the only difference is they were just made recently instead of 100 years ago! Soft brim and all ... AND HOW!

I don't know if you've seen it already but you will find very interesting cap information in The Cap Faction thread.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
How long did it take to get? Still nothing has arrived here. Filed a credit card dispute. I ended up ordering a ZaSu cap. These are very authentic 1920's and 30's replicas. So close to the real McCoy that the only difference is they were just made recently instead of 100 years ago! Soft brim and all ... AND HOW!

Actually Johnny's caps are the real deal.
They are faithful caps. Brims where not soft they had buckram in them. Letting you shape the brim.

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars

Playdablues...

It took right at a month...

~shoes~

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
This one's a City Sport newsboy. It's Belgian made and has a nice vintage look. It's also reasonably priced. Although I do like this cap, I'm thinking of having one custom made. I've been looking at the Cordova caps and I like what I see...

City Sport, Donegal Wool...

City_Sport_B_W.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
After ordering and wearing caps from Johnnie, Damian and Barry, it took all the fun out of retail caps. I'd heard other folks say this, and could only imagine what they meant. Now I get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
RJR, Lotsahats, HoosierDaddy, Harv, thanks guys. I appreciate the comments on the City Sport newsboy. For the money, City Sports are a great alternative to having one custom made or to trying to find a vintage cap. The quality is also good for an "off the shelf" hat. City Sport has quite a few different styles to choose from. They have a lot of vintage looking ones, (given the choice of having one made by "Hat People" or buying a City Sport, my choice would be City Sport, hands down). But, I still want to have one custom made. I think I'm going to give Johnny at Cordova Caps a call and see what he can come up with. His caps look really nice and well made.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo