Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

RJR

The three you have will all be slightly different but I believe you'll like each of them.I have the same issue you have(7 5/8 head)and have caps from all three.

Playdablues

New in Town
Still waiting for my Hat People cap... and waiting...
Original order 07/16/14
Hat to small/wrong cut returned and received by Hat People per USPS tracking: 08/28/14
Emailed hat people to be sure they got hat and got reply that they did on 09/04/14
said they would make replacement cap, as of 09/29/14 still no hat :(
That's too bad I did like the hat people cap as far as I could tell with the wrong cut. I may just have to cancel the order.

However I got the itch and ordered another cap from B!Wear, this time all denim newsboy. Fits and looks great!
Paid on Saturday and got in mail on Tuesday morning as usual, approximately 48hr turn around! custom made!
Will post some pictures soon.

Playdablues

New in Town
Here's my B!Wear caps. Just ordered the salt and pepper in May. The Denim I just got 2 weeks ago!. Another good thing about Brett is I ordered both of these on a Saturday and they both were in my hands by Tuesday. He's over 1400 miles away and they were custom made to my measurements .
bweardenim2_zps6ba12d22.jpg

bweardenim1_zps3bc19c3f.jpg

bwearsandp2_zps8c0deb88.jpg

bwearsandp1_zpsa240cf0a.jpg

Playdablues

New in Town
These are my Hanna Hat Caps all Donegal tweed. The blue one is my favorite it has purple green and other color specs. I ordered it from Ireland and it got here in less than a month even though they were gone for 2 weeks "Holiday" in July. It was a bit pricey direct from hannah but had to have this color! The other 2 caps I was able to procure for a greatly discounted rate through ebay in part due to my large size and nobody needs them but I and a few others!

hannahblue1_zps82078534.jpg

hannahblue2_zps3a4e4c57.jpg

hannahhb1_zps12f00f38.jpg

hannahhb2_zps653fb429.jpg

hannahbrn2_zpsbd205963.jpg

hannahbrn1_zps3a3b916a.jpg

Last edited:

Playdablues

New in Town
And last but least..... Hat people. I have been trying since July 12th to get my first cap from Hat People. Here is another picture from my earlier post in this tread. This was supposed to be a full cut and according to the pictures on the website, very closely resemble the other caps I have. As you can see it does not. It is more like a deep cut or medium cut. I had sent this cap back and it got there 8/28/14. I had to email and check to see if they got it after hearing nothing by Sept 4th. Carol replied said they would make another in an extra full and send it. The second photo is what I have to show for trying to purchase from them over 3 moths ago!

20140814_163930_zps7eca9e94.jpg

hatpeople_zpscac19680.jpg

I'm glad they have worked out for others here. I think they used panels for a much smaller size hat instead of cutting out proper panels that would fit my 24 1/2 inch circumference. I even told them I would like to purchase a few more caps if I could get one that fits and looks correct (and I would have as you can see by all the caps above!) They missed out! All these other hats look great, only Hat Peoples was incomparable. I'm at my wits end with Hat People! I guess I'm going to cancel my order now.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Any recommendation for a water-resistant cap that nevertheless breathes? I've seen some retail waxed cotton caps, such as by Stetson and Wigens. I could ask a bespoke maker to create one. What fabric??

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Any recommendation for a water-resistant cap that nevertheless breathes? I've seen some retail waxed cotton caps, such as by Stetson and Wigens. I could ask a bespoke maker to create one. What fabric??

Waxed cotton doesn't breathe that well, but I find it okay in Autumn/Winter. Barbour do a decent selection of caps, but I think it's flat cap or ball cap rather than newsboy in waxed cotton this year.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks! I have a Barbour waxed-cotton jacket. It's one of the most steamy, sweaty jackets I have. I find I hardly ever wear it. My shirts are always wilted underneath.....

Playdablues

New in Town
Here are some shots of the caps I got from http://www.hatpeople.com/.

As you can see, the extra full is quite a bit bigger, but looks more vintage without being clownish. Also, since there is no snap on the bill, you can move the material back and forth to expose as much of it as you like.

This is the extra full.

This is the full.

The full in gray.

Your full cut looks ALLOT better than my full cut. That is what I was expecting. See the picture of my full cut and see what you think.
What size did you order. Mine was a 24 1/2"

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Harris Tweed is pretty water resistant - it will eventually get saturated (and smell like a wet sheep) but will hold the rain off for a good while.

Playdablues

New in Town
Donegal Tweed aka Hannah hats has held up in some pretty heavy rain for me and they have some of the most intriguing colors of wool as well.

gear-guy

Practically Family
I'm with you Play my Hanna and Wigens caps hold up very well in rain and snow. I am with Wiser on Johnnys hats they look great and someday will own one. Tomorrow I will visit Pauls hat works in Louisville as they also make some interesting caps.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks everyone. I have a Hanna and a Jonathan Richards. I'll try them next time it rains. Ed, I have an idea of getting Johnny to make me a cotton duck cap! I can talk to him about the fabric....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy