Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

Splitcoil said:
I love the Hat People hats, but I have to say I'm sorely disappointed in the linen cap I have from them. I can't get anything approximating an attractive shape into it. It develops creases in odd places and sticks up-- overall a failure for me so far.
Classified00 said:
Adding my $ .02 ....
I'm disappointed in my Hatpeople's linen regular cut. It seems to have no real shape and without a snap the crown doesn't stay aligned on the (flimsy) brim.
I just wanted to thank you both for stating your opinions of Hat People's linen caps. I've been thinking about getting one but, after reading your posts, I think I'll look elsewhere.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tons of great caps in tonight's premiere of HBO's Boardwalk Empire

MV5BMTk5MjAwMDMwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODIwMjAwMw@@._V1._SX640_SY960_.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
This is my Hat People cap that I've had for a couple of years now. It was a black herringbone originally, but the sun & time has faded the fabric to a nice dark charcoal grey. The cut on this one was their 'Full Cut', but I think the next one I order from them will be the 'Extra Full Cut'. I think it'll look more correct.
100_6275.jpg

I like the looks of their corduroy, but I also like the black wool too. I like the fact that they don't use a leather sweatband so you can actually hand wash them with no adverse effects. Their cotton fabric for this one was a blue fabric with a corn flower pattern in it. Rather nice too.

It's good to know about their linen caps though. I may have to look to Bret at B!Wear Caps for one of those.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Speaking of B!Wear. This one is the Brown Tweed that I got about four years back. Love wearing this thing. I think the only drawback to Brett's hats are the bills are not wide enough. Other than that, this one has been a joy to wear & I know I will want another.
100_6284.jpg

I'm pretty sure that I will go for another wool, maybe the plaid one that he offers & the navy blue wool. Next Spring or summer I may go for a linen. Brett is fairly flexible too. If you request a smooth leather sweatband or no wire in the bill he'll do it. Only thing is, it'll be a custom item at that point and there are no returns on customs. Also, if you send him fabric, lets say some wool or linen from a vest or jacket that you made, he can make that for you & you'll have a matching cap.

Cheers!

Dan

Silke

New in Town
I've gotten quite an obsession with my mistress the Newsboy caps even though I had a perfectly good relationship with my Fedoras.

Figured I'd share my two acquisitions from Zasu as a thanks for helping me find him, the talented man. I apologize for including my face and ambiguous exterior.

Photos from one angle, or even several don't do these caps justice.

First one I got from him in linen some year ago:

whitelinencap.jpg

Second patchwork one in wool that was acquired recently, thus the horrific self-photos:

greenzasu.jpg

Great community even though I mostly lurk for deals and information rather than participate.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Silke said:
I've gotten quite an obsession with my mistress the Newsboy caps even though I had a perfectly good relationship with my Fedoras.

Figured I'd share my two acquisitions from Zasu as a thanks for helping me find him, the talented man. I apologize for including my face and ambiguous exterior.

Photos from one angle, or even several don't do these caps justice.

First one I got from him in linen some year ago:

whitelinencap.jpg

Second patchwork one in wool that was acquired recently, thus the horrific self-photos:

greenzasu.jpg

Great community even though I mostly lurk for deals and information rather than participate.

Sorry if that is the manufacturing quality I would not be buying Zasu.

Silke

New in Town
cookie said:
Sorry if that is the manufacturing quality I would not be buying Zasu.

Enlighten a layman..

Is there something in the material or seams, or anything my knowledge center doesn't have registered so it can instruct my eyes to notice?

Or is it the flexible visor I've requested so I can wear it tipped and flopped over, that catches your attention? Or the way I've mistreated the linen one?

I like those newsboys, Silke. They look great on you.
They look like they have a nice "looseness" to them.

One thing I really notice is different manufacturers produce different styles of newsboys.

I'm partial to the Hat People "Full" version myself.
I like the relatively floppy, soft cap and the soft brim.

B!Wear makes a great newsboy. It is a bit "fuller", more body to it.
Great hat...but I don't look as good in them as in the HatPeople's designs.

Lonny

One of the Regulars
Silke!
Those are some nice looking caps, I well, I like the beige/white one, really stands out to me as comfy. As for your other accoutrements, I think we have the same skull ring. :D

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I like them Silke! Well done.:eusa_clap You've managed to get that Depp wardrobe look down especially with the flop & ease of the caps. Now work on the darker contemplative look to the eyes and you'll have it down pat.

deppPA0111_468x356.jpg
johnny-depp-0907-po05.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Mr Badger

Practically Family
I've got a rather large head, so stingy-brim hats and 'regular' newsboys don't really cut it for me, they just look too small... I bagged two Jaxon 'Big Apple' caps from here, they're 'oversized' and have a nice flop to 'em. At £14.95 a pop, they're great value, too...

40486_10150241941850471_725635470_13999043_4219851_n.jpg

19342_10150089410850471_725635470_11121707_4082676_n.jpg

26255_10150169227090471_725635470_11917657_1916396_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran