Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

Feraud

Bartender
mike said:
I recently bought a full cut Hat People cap and it's my new favorite cap! Next time I'm going to give an extra full cut a try and request a button on the brim so it can't flip up in high winds. The search continues I think for a Lon Chaney-esque cap ;)
Mike, post a pic of your Hat People cap when you can. I am going to order one and am trying to decide between the full and extra full cut.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
Mike, post a pic of your Hat People cap when you can. I am going to order one and am trying to decide between the full and extra full cut.

I wore mine the other week for lunch with you guys!

but here you go...
Photo52.jpg

Photo53.jpg

Photo54.jpg

AND WHY I SUGGEST ASKING FOR A SNAP lol
(unless of course you're sitting in on drums for the Bad Brains or something)
Photo55.jpg

toobacat

One of the Regulars
mike said:
I wore mine the other week for lunch with you guys!

but here you go...
Photo52.jpg

Photo53.jpg

Photo54.jpg

AND WHY I SUGGEST ASKING FOR A SNAP lol
(unless of course you're sitting in on drums for the Bad Brains or something)
Photo55.jpg

The full cut looks quite a bit fuller on their website.

rgraham

A-List Customer
Mike,

That cap is really not looking right. I'm not sure if you are, but don't put it on like a baseball cap. Pinch the top front and the brim together, then place it on your head. The backside of the cap should ride near the middle of the back of your head, or even a bit higher. If you pull it down too low, it will poof out like in your photos. You should be able to make it work as it should.

I have both the full cut, and the extra full. Be aware that the extra full is quite a bit larger overall than the full cut. It is stated on their site, that the difference between these two cuts is more significant than between the others.

Look at the images I posted on the last page. I will try and take some pics on a real head soon.

Also, I don't have a tag in any of my hats stating what cut they are.

mike

Call Me a Cab
rgraham said:
Mike,

That cap is really not looking right. I'm not sure if you are, but don't put it on like a baseball cap. Pinch the top front and the brim together, then place it on your head. The backside of the cap should ride near the middle of the back of your head, or even a bit higher. If you pull it down too low, it will poof out like in your photos. You should be able to make it work as it should.

I have both the full cut, and the extra full. Be aware that the extra full is quite a bit larger overall than the full cut. It is stated on their site, that the difference between these two cuts is more significant than between the others.

Look at the images I posted on the last page. I will try and take some pics on a real head soon.

Also, I don't have a tag in any of my hats stating what cut they are.

I see what you're saying, although I didn't realize there was a specific way to wear them. I think I'd be a little worried it wasn't on tight enough if worn that high up on the head strictly. can I see some photos of how you mean to wear them?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I think it has a great deal to do with how you put it on, how you wear it, and the size/shape of your head. Some people have a higher "crown" which will take up some of the slack in the cap. Others, not as much.

Still, I've seen a full cut in person, and on somebody with a very high head crown. Mike, that does not look like a full cut to me. I think an error was made. Still looks good on you, though. I'm not criticizing the hat at all.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Mike, I also doubt that is a full cut cap. After having my hands on a few full cut caps, I realize they're big enough for a person to float down the river in (lol ).

Still, that cap looks absolutely great on you!

And NB, you're right about a person's face dimensions and "crown" being so important in how a cap looks. I've come to conclusion after purchasing a few larger cut caps that I'm not one of those people. Still, for most of us (and most who buy their caps online) it takes a few bad experiences to learn which style looks best. It's an individual thing.

Plus-Four

New in Town
my cap

This is me with my cap, just for showing you. It's not vintage, but i am wearing it with damp and cold weather.

DSC_4769a.jpg

From the other side. As you can see with a short brim.

DSC_4772.jpg

DSC_4773.jpg

And a vintage (child) cap in beautiful colors:

0739_1.jpg

Plus-Four.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Anyone have one of the "deep cut" Hatpeople caps? I'd like to see one of those on somebody's head. I'd like one that is still "full" but not so wide side-to-side. I kinda like the proportions of the child's cap shown above.

OldSoul

Familiar Face
Plus-Four said:
This is me with my cap, just for showing you. It's not vintage, but i am wearing it with damp and cold weather.
Plus-Four.

Plus-Four, I like that one. I have a very similar cap that I wear on regular basis, really enjoy it.

Feraud

Bartender
mike said:
I see what you're saying, although I didn't realize there was a specific way to wear them. I think I'd be a little worried it wasn't on tight enough if worn that high up on the head strictly. can I see some photos of how you mean to wear them?
Mike, I agree that hats look a certain way depending on the shape of a head or tilt of a cap, but I do not think you are wearing it incorrectly. Wearing a cap as an individual and with style (as you do) excludes such notions as wearing something "a certain way".

As we can see in the pictures the BWear has vertical height and "poofines". Your Hat People full cut cap is showing plenty of individual style. I planned to order one this weekend but my wife and I took a trip to the outlets and I spent too much money to justify another purchase! lol

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Here's me about 30 lbs heavier with my Hannah 8pc cap.

HorseHide1.jpg

I might actually get BOTH a Bwear and a Hatpeople cap...

They're a lot cheaper than felt hats!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24