Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

Artigas

Familiar Face
ukali1066 said:
I got this 100% wool beauty from this ebay seller....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RETRO-70s-MOD...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

a snip at 15 quid including UK postage !

Lovely cap...dark brown...just like Deniro's in the Godfather II

But they seem to only sell the black one now...

l_12841f69181314b8f9ae9b52973b103c.jpg

Diggin' the hat, diggin' the beard. :eusa_clap

I ordered a gray herringbone B!Wear after reading this thread. Brett got it to me pretty quickly. A lot more material than I was expecting, but it's grown on me. I pull the excess material to the right, and it looks great. And not too beret-ish.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Feelin' Rowdy

indycop said:
PA090098.jpg

They do make ya feel rowdy.
PA090099.jpg

Indycop, That is a great look for you. Ukali1066 is right. You could pass for a fellow working the docks or breaking heads back in the day. All you need is the sweater and a laborers jacket.

Old Fogey UK

One of the Regulars
I've got a B Wear cap but would like something a bit wider and am looking at the Hat People caps.
Which should I go for as something a bit wider than the B Wear - Full Cut or Extra Full Cut ?
Whilst wanting extra floppiness, I don't want something as big as a family-sized pizza on my head !
Advice please !

Old Fogey UK said:
Whilst wanting extra floppiness, I don't want something as big as a family-sized pizza on my head !
Advice please !

There is a great cap in W.C. Fields short titled "The Golf Expert" the guy who plays his caddy has an enormous newsboy, literally the size of a XL pzza!

rgraham

A-List Customer
Old Fogey UK said:
I've got a B Wear cap but would like something a bit wider and am looking at the Hat People caps.
Which should I go for as something a bit wider than the B Wear - Full Cut or Extra Full Cut ?
Advice please !

I've got both these styles, and will post some pics soon.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I figured out how to edit in flickr!

Here are a few:

Tweed from Hanna
2935756753_6f9df329b8.jpg

Plaid from NY Hat Co.
2935749971_0f7f4a6483.jpg

Deerskin from Hats In the Attic
2936596824_c9c316863e.jpg

Grey Flannel from B!WEAR
2935766457_25c1f7f264.jpg
2935693875_1ea8564f35.jpg

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I got this newsboy from the hat shop by the university here in town. This is a NY Hat Co. herringbone, and I think I like it better than the B! wear cap, mainly for the "poofiness" of the B! Wear. I've decided I look better in "less poofy" newsboys.

Picture15.jpg

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
ukali1066 said:
I got this new one today from this US ebay shop http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WOOL-HERRINGB...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

It is THE perfect 1930's style Gatsby that I've been searching for...the Herringbone is a lovely neutral grey/brown, the cut/style just floppy enough.

I washed it on a hot wash cycle and wore it damp to shape it to suit and put a curve in the peak.

A happy customer indeed !
Image4.jpg

That one looks great on you, Ukali! You really wear newsboy caps well!

rgraham

A-List Customer
Here are some shots of the caps I got from http://www.hatpeople.com/.

As you can see, the extra full is quite a bit bigger, but looks more vintage without being clownish. Also, since there is no snap on the bill, you can move the material back and forth to expose as much of it as you like.

This is the extra full.

This is the full.

The full in gray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo