Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
The black and white herrigbone is nice.
I had the brown one but as mike noted the proportions were weird on my head too.
Do the caps differ with the colors? I ordered the brown cos I like that color, but I want a good fit...:(

Feraud

Bartender
indycop said:
Do the caps differ with the colors? I ordered the brown cos I like that color, but I want a good fit...:(
I do not know if the caps differ in color/cut and didn't mean to imply that in my comment. From what I have read at the site, the patterns are standard.
My issues with fit are probably due to my headshape (and ego) than anything else.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
I do not know if the caps differ in color/cut and didn't mean to imply that in my comment. From what I have read at the site, the patterns are standard.
My issues with fit are probably due to my headshape (and ego) than anything else.
I guess I will just see it when it gets here. I think you are a loooong oval as I am an XLO. I also like to bend the brim and drape to one side so hopefully it will workout.:)

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I've got two B!Wear caps, and I think they're very nice for the price. My only complaint with them is that the sizing isn't consistent. I'm a 7-1/8, which translates to a Medium in a B!Wear. Of my two Mediums, my brown herringbone is quite large, like a 7-1/4, but my black/white herringbone is small, like a 7. Neither one fits me quite right, though I can get away with wearing both.

It's really a shame that Brett doesn't go the extra mile and do numbered sizes...

ukali1066

Practically Family
I got this 100% wool beauty from this ebay seller....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RETRO-70s-MOD...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

a snip at 15 quid including UK postage !

Lovely cap...dark brown...just like Deniro's in the Godfather II

But they seem to only sell the black one now...

l_12841f69181314b8f9ae9b52973b103c.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
ukali1066 said:
I got this 100% wool beauty from this ebay seller....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RETRO-70s-MOD...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

a snip at 15 quid including UK postage !

Lovely cap...dark brown...just like Deniro's in the Godfather II

But they seem to only sell the black one now...

l_12841f69181314b8f9ae9b52973b103c.jpg

Great look, ukali. I remember that you posted some caps last autumn as well. I checked the seller's ebay store but didn't see anymore. Can you give us the name of the manufacturer?

Feraud

Bartender
indycop said:
So by cut you mean how much material is at the top, creating the puffiness in the crown? Nothing to do with the brim or do you mean the brim width?
Yes sir. Exclude the brim. I am indeed referring to the material on top of the cap and how much "flop" it has.

Since we discussing this, Hanna Hats makes very fine eight piece styled caps. I have two, a brown tweed and gray herringbone.
eight_piece_cap_95b2_small.jpg

eight_piece_cap_95b1_small.jpg

My only complaint (don't I always have one? lol ) is the material sweatband because I prefer leather.

Unfortunately, Arnold Hatters in NYC has stopped carrying the Hannah eight piece version. The salesman told me the demand for these full caps have diminished. The current trend is for a narrower look. I should also add he was impressed with the material and style of my brown tweed eight piece.

JJ Hats might still have a few of these eight piece caps..

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Ah ok, I am glad I asked for the leather sweat then! I have a big enough head that I think I will be happy if there is just enough material to drape it over one side a bit.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
It arrived! My XLO butchers the side profile:eusa_doh: .

It is a well built cap and I like the color, will be nice and cozy in cold weather too. It is poofier than what I am used to with my jaxon and will take a little getting used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo