Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
The jockey's cap would be MUCH bigger than Hatpeople's "medium" cap.

My Hatpeople "deep" cap is about equivalent to the cap on the little boy with the bird.
Cap1.jpg

Cap2.jpg

As I wear this one, I'm kinda thinkin' I'd prefer a fuller cut. Still like this one, though.

rgraham

A-List Customer
Not-Bogart13 said:
What color is that middle one, rgraham?

It's been so long since I bought it, I don't remember what they called it.

It is the same color as the extra full cut. I do know that I did get the last couple of hats in that color of material, as they ran out. They may have some more in, or something similar by now.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I just talked to them. Nothing quite like it right now. I'm going with something they described as a houndstooth-like pattern of dark gray, light gray, blue, and a touch of teal green! :D

Ryan

Familiar Face
Not-Bogart13 said:
I just talked to them. Nothing quite like it right now. I'm going with something they described as a houndstooth-like pattern of dark gray, light gray, blue, and a touch of teal green! :D

They've offered me fabric swatches before. I'd ask for one to see what your getting.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi,

Today I received the caps I ordered from The Hat People.

I have taken some quick photos of me wearing one. I had seen images of the Full Cut they offer, and to me it looked like it was not voluminous enough for the Golden era classic image I was after, hence I went for the Extra-Full Cut; this is what you see in the pics. And, full it is, certainly!

I am just beginning to get familiar with it (the cap in the photos has the label still attached!) - this cap being substantially larger than the ones I had before, it needs some getting-used-to.

What do you think? Honest opinions please!

DSC_0219-1.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0215-1.jpg

DSC_0217-2.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I want to like it, I really do, but it looks too big. I might think that because you're wearing it with just a shirt. Maybe it would look better to me in context - with a leather (or some other, slightly bulky) jacket.

rgraham

A-List Customer
The Hat People really need to put one more size into their lineup. Right in the middle of full and extra full. That would seem the perfect size. They do tell you on their website that there is a significant difference between the two.

Other than the size, do you like the other aspects of the cap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy