Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice 1944 Style pic

jake431

Practically Family
Here's a photo of my Grandfather (center) after his tour, June 1944, in SanFrancisco. Check out the girl(s).

GrandpaOnLeaveJune1944.jpg

-Jake

jake431

Practically Family
Thanks! I have more photos, but mostly I've scanned the war stuff - when I get some alone time with a scanner I'll scan some more homefront (with my Grandmother and other family) stuff.

For now, though, here are some more Stateside pics:

1) Primary Flight School Photo (Wearing a B-3 that is too small):
GrandpainB3.jpg

2) Flight School Graduation pic:
Grandpa-Grad.jpg

3) Neat photo of him wearing some cool monk strap shoes and what I guess is a private purchase shirt?
GrandpaInField.jpg

Hondo

One Too Many
Fur reals "the pomp on the blonde--so glamorous!" Your grandfather is at the wrong table :cool:
In tunic almost looks like Chuck Conners, The Rifleman,
Outstanding :cheers1:
Cheers Grandfather, Thanks for sharing...

jake431

Practically Family
Hondo said:
Fur reals "the pomp on the blonde--so glamorous!" Your grandfather is at the wrong table :cool:
In tunic almost looks like Chuck Conners, The Rifleman,
Outstanding :cheers1:
Cheers Grandfather, Thanks for sharing...

Thanks Hondo. Actually, my Grandfather was an "old man" - almost 27 when he enlisted in January of 1942, and already married. He was a member (if memory serves) of class 42-I, which was the first class which allowed married cadets. Fortunately, my Grandfather lived a long time, as well as kept a journal of his wartime activity, so I got to know him, and his service VERY well.

-Jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy