Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Night Owls only

scooter

Practically Family
'Tis the witching hour, and I'm still full of vim and vigor. I work nights, and peruse TFL upon my arrival at home, as my beloved is an early bird and rests deep in slumber whilst I sit alone in the night.

Edit: Noticed the time stamp and it is not accurate for Arizona, it is actually past midnight here!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
'Tis the witching hour, and I'm still full of vim and vigor. I work nights, and peruse TFL upon my arrival at home, as my beloved is an early bird and rests deep in slumber whilst I sit alone in the night.

Edit: Noticed the time stamp and it is not accurate for Arizona, it is actually past midnight here!
I think you may be able to set it right, not sure? Check it out, but yeah your Cactus hours are showing different.

Night shift has both good and bad to it, for me. If I work nights, I would never get any sleep, (not that I get much now). Being a Vampire does not help me, either!

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I do some creative writing and used to do quite a bit of drawing. Some of my best works have been conceived at the hours between midnight and 4 am. Also when I play online games I tend to be unstoppable during that time. I don't know why, but it does seem to be somewhat common.

I also used to work nothing but graveyards; I really enjoyed the cool and quiet of the night time patrols. When I was in the army, one of my favourite memories was doing rapelling at night out in the country and seeing the unbelievable vibrancy of the stars; you can't see that in urban areas. It was really breathtaking.

Lately I've been too exhausted to stay up late and do very much; I think it's the sleep deprivation that accompanies having an almost 2 year old. I've also gotten a bit fat over the winter, about 10 lbs over what I'd like to be, so I think that makes me a bit more tired. The weather has just been so horribly miserable all winter long that I haven't had the werewithal to get on my bike.

The talk of literature and mornings being more beautiful after being up all night reminds me of the chapter "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" from Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame. Brilliant novel.

Last edited:
What I use to do all night, now takes me all night to do. LOL

But really, I play my very best Poker during the early morning hours between 1am 5am, my win rate during that time period is unmatched.

Best regards
CCJ

You mean I'm not the only one here who's up at 1:00 AM? :p:D

Jack Denny and his Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra -- Night (1932)

[video=youtube;negn1aZihIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=negn1aZihIo[/video]

Last edited:

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
here's what I've currently got going:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI8bPVw3scA&list=FLsxhoLDtHYb_kcyLTeF5SXQ[/video]
My playlist is esoteric to say the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo