Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

DesertDan

One Too Many
I got an email from Mike today, seems my hat is getting finished up this weekend and will be winging its way to me this week!

Leacock

Familiar Face
I got an email from Mike today, seems my hat is getting finished up this weekend and will be winging its way to me this week!

How long did it take for him to get started? I placed an order this summer and haven't heard word since, a part of me worries that he forgot my order although I realize he is probably just really busy working his way down the queue.

beetleything

Familiar Face
How long did it take for him to get started? I placed an order this summer and haven't heard word since, a part of me worries that he forgot my order although I realize he is probably just really busy working his way down the queue.

Personally that would not be acceptable to me and i would make a polite enquiry as to when i can expect the hat.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
He definitely did not forget your order. Mike's focus on his customers is solid. Thanks to the 'Lounge, social media, and many happy customers Mike has been increasingly busy, not to mention he has a day job and a family.

Like beetleything said, make the polite inquiry and see if he's made any progress. I'm sure he will get back with you soon. I'm eager to see the new hat! :thumb:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leacock

Familiar Face
I have received my new hat. It is quite nice and just as I hoped, I would certainly order from him again. However I do feel the fit is a little loose. It could have been an issue with my measurements of course, but I suspect I prefer a snugger fit than the average man which I should probably keep in mind for next time.

How does everyone prefer a hat to fit?

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On most of my new hats I have found that slightly loose initial fits will feel much better after the leather breaks in and conforms to your head. I have noticed that since I am a long oval my hats tend to feel loose on the sides and snug front and back until the leather break-in occurs.

Leacock

Familiar Face
You are right, now that I have worn it in I find it fits just fine. Unfortunately I used to be completely satisfied with my old hats, but now I feel that they are too tight! I have been spoiled.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Mine fit perfectly right out of the box.
It is everything I had hoped for and I'm back in the queue for another one. :D
Between the weather, my work schedule and not having my own camera I have not been able to get pics to post yet. I will get that corrected very soon.

Mine fit perfectly right out of the box.
It is everything I had hoped for and I'm back in the queue for another one. :D
Between the weather, my work schedule and not having my own camera I have not been able to get pics to post yet. I will get that corrected very soon.

I'd love to see pics, Dan. Mine fit right out of the box, too. And I am in line for another one as well. :D

indyhan

Familiar Face
They are just like Lays potato chips, Ya can't have just one! :D
Have you decided on the details of your next hat?

woa, easy on the ordering, guys ! i can't possibly wait that long for my next NW to be delivered :D
this will be my fourth lid by Mike, and hardly the last i'll order
the potato chips seems to be quite an apt analogy...

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I got to see this fepsa felt fedora in person before it went to the owner. The pic doesn't do it justice. The fepas felt has really rich and lustrous color that is difficult to capture on film.

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24