Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Here are some color photos. But it's winter fluorescent apartment lighting. I need some natural light pics !!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424271443.812428.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424271453.445162.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Here are some color photos. But it's winter fluorescent apartment lighting. I need some natural light pics !!

View attachment 24554

View attachment 24555

"Listen, Lieutenant. I've got a client, and I've got a responsibility to that client. You can haul me downtown, but my lawyer'll spring me before you can have lunch. How about we sit down and talk about this?"

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks everyone! Thanks for the noirish vignette, Benzadmiral! There are many things I like about this hat. Mostly it's the silky hand combined with the snappy, almost springy felt quality. The brim is a joy to snap up in the back and down in the front. Like it wants to be there.

Beats anything I've seen in retail, and I've haunted the shops in my early hat-education over the last several months.

I have two Stetsons that I bought this year, both open crown, a Silverbelly Strat and one in their new "Excellent" quality. I had pretty high hopes for them. But on both, the felt feels thick and lifeless. They don't want to hold a shape, especially the brims. No snap, no sass in those brims.

I know the experienced members have been saying this for a while. But now I know it for myself. I'm off retail fedoras now that I know what custom is capable of in the hands of Mike! Now, maybe a coffee-brown model as a companion piece??

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Greg, really beautiful hat. It's also interesting what you're saying about the retail hats. I had also been pondering an Excellent Stetson, but at that price I could be talking to Art Fawcett. There really is nothing like custom. I should add, though, that I just got my first Akubra Campdraft yesterday, and I'm in love with it. For $86 I couldn't say no. Great hat.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I have two Stetsons that I bought this year, both open crown, a Silverbelly Strat and one in their new "Excellent" quality. I had pretty high hopes for them. But on both, the felt feels thick and lifeless. They don't want to hold a shape, especially the brims. No snap, no sass in those brims.

I suspected as much. There are a few things about those new Stetsons which led me to believe that they were overrated, not to mention, over priced. I think if a person is going to spend that kind of money for a hat which fits properly, having one either custom made or buying a nice vintage is the way to go.

Very nice looking hat btw, Greg.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy