Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Greg,
Very Nice black cherry great combo of color with the ribbon as you quote (A real piece of hat artistry)

Harv,
Ok that's a winner Indy indeed.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Here is a pic from Mike's facebook page of my new hat!
It is still in transit but I will get some pics up once it arrives.
My Sharkgilled Navy Northwest.jpg

Navy Northwest sharkgill 2.jpg

Details:
100% beaver felt - Navy
6" crown - teardrop crease, 1 1/2" Bright Navy ribbon, Sharkgill bow (7 pleates)
2 5/8" brim, cupped & snapped with micro half-blind binding - navy ribbon
Medium pinch, medium rake

Glenville86

Familiar Face
Mike makes some nice hats at a very good price. Just received an Indy style in moss green and one in brown a couple days ago. Both are 100% beaver. Very pleased.

elwinnc

New in Town
New hat from Northwest Hats

Hi All, this is my first post on this forum. A year or so ago I started wearing fedoras. While looking for hats on the internet I found this site. I have learned a lot reading the posts here. Thanks to all who are responsible for this web site.

I am posting today to share my experience with Northwest hats. I ordered a hat from Mike at Northwest hats. It was delivered last week. As soon as I opened the box I could see that this hat was far better than any of the production hats I own. The stitching is much better. The colors are very nice. I love the lining. The teardrop crown is so much more full than the production hats and looks so much better. When I put it on it was a perfect fit. No more production hats for me. I wore the hat on Friday. I got compliments everywhere I went. I got more compliments on that hat than any other hat I own.

The customer service is great. Mike explained the proper way to measure for my correct hat size. We decided on materials and colors. He pays attention to detail and to every request. He always responded with a recommendation for how to accomplish what I asked for. I was told wait time was about three months. Mike was about one week early from the time he got my measurements until the hat was delivered. I will be ordering more hats from Mike.

I do not have photos of the hat at this time. I am posting photos of my hat that Mike put on the Northwest Hats Facebook page.

Thanks
Eugene

11082275_957820477563593_8899658528323580198_o.jpg

11077852_957820457563595_4450961374284047795_o.jpg

11127811_957820417563599_5903764555217616476_o.jpg

Last edited:

DesertDan

One Too Many
Beautiful hat Elwin, congratulations!
My Northwest hats always get nice compliments.
I have been extremely impressed with Mike's work. And I will definitely be ordering more from him in the future.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm a big fan of Mike's work, and I was wondering if anyone has gotten one of his straw hats. The factory-made straws I'm seeing on the web are just depressing, so I'm really starting to look at the custom guys. I just sent him an email and am looking forward to his response. In the meantime, any comments?

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I'm a big fan of Mike's work, and I was wondering if anyone has gotten one of his straw hats. The factory-made straws I'm seeing on the web are just depressing, so I'm really starting to look at the custom guys. I just sent him an email and am looking forward to his response. In the meantime, any comments?

I saw him today and he just got some straw bodies in. He will have to give you the details. He's reblocked several of mine and did a great job. He's also made me two Pandora's-combo of felt brim and straw crowns, that turned out great.

fedoralover

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks. I just heard from Mike and will be exploring ideas with him. Living where I do, I've decided my next few hats will be straws, but I'm not interested in white Panamas or, as said above, anything from the big manufacturers. I've got a birthday coming up and my tax return should be pretty decent this year, so I'm getting that rush you get when you start thinking custom. Hmmm, black straw?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
First time speaking to Mike today. Great conversation. Afraid I took up too much of the mans time... when he could be crafting hats. Informative and enlighting. Making advance plans now for my first custom hat. So looking forward to it!

elwinnc

New in Town
A Straw from Northwest Hats

Thanks for the nice comments on the Navy fedora from Northwest.

I just got another hat from Mike. This one is a straw for the summer. It is nice and light and should be great for the hot, humid North Carolina summer. It has a nice leather sweat band and is shaped exactly the way I like it. The fit is perfect. It is pictured with a light blue ribbon. I like that the ribbons can be changed. I got three additional ribbons with it.

This is the second hat I got from Mike. His customer service is great. His work is very good and he is a great guy to work with. I will be getting more hats from Mike.

The photos below are from the Northwest hats Facebook page.

Eugene

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy