Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Killer score, Doug. Wonderful work by Mike Miller. I'm always so impressed by his ribbon work: unassuming, but spot on.
Thank you. I feel the same. I gave instructions for all the hats, except the dark moss fedora. He nailed the ribbon treatment on all of them. When I first saw the ribbon on the moss hat, I thought, now... that's new for Mike. I've never seen him or any other hatter do that type of ribbon treatment before. But i like it!

Tukwila

Some head shots here of the rebuilt penman everyman. I've tired of my Indy style hat, as cool as they might be. I took this new with a center crease, then a couple years later gave it a diamond crease, then took it to Mike for a rebuild.

Reblocked to my size and shape of head (so now it fits perfectly), new sweatband, new/gorgeous maroon boxcar/shark's gills ribbon treatment and a steamed in diamond crease. I love the new look!

It still has the south American 80/20 felt (rabbit/beaver) which is thin, dense and rugged but also new good looks so it can go from a downtown office meeting to a downpour in the country without skipping a beat. I'd have no reservations wearing this to church, or fishing for steelhead in the rugged Oregon outback. ;)

NW Hats_Everyman Refurb_2.jpeg

NW Hats_Everyman Refurb_3.jpeg

NW Hats_Everyman Refurb_4.jpeg

NW Hats_Everyman Refurb_5.jpeg

Some head shots here of the rebuilt penman everyman. I've tired of my Indy style hat, as cool as they might be. I took this new with a center crease, then a couple years later gave it a diamond crease, then took it to Mike for a rebuild.

Reblocked to my size and shape of head (so now it fits perfectly), new sweatband, new/gorgeous maroon boxcar/shark's gills ribbon treatment and a steamed in diamond crease. I love the new look!

It still has the south American 80/20 felt (rabbit/beaver) which is thin, dense and rugged but also new good looks so it can go from a downtown office meeting to a downpour in the country without skipping a beat. I'd have no reservations wearing this to church, or fishing for steelhead in the rugged Oregon outback. ;)

View attachment 348449
View attachment 348456
View attachment 348457
View attachment 348459
I wore my second custom from Mike yesterday, The Stroller model. It has the same bow treatment. I had forgotten about this bow work and it was a nice surprise to see it again. Great refurb. I like the wide ribbon.

View attachment 348449
View attachment 348456
View attachment 348457
View attachment 348459
Wonderful refurb, Doug.

Mike has a limited supply of featherweight felt (rabbit???). I asked for a photo of the color he described as “greenish charcoal grey.” I’m thinking of an unlined hat with venter crown and three rows of decorative brim edge stitching. A one-inch ribbon will be in keeping with its Playboy vibe.

View attachment 349569
I have a decorative brim edge stitching hat from Mike. He does a great job on it.

Tukwila

Mike has a limited supply of featherweight felt (rabbit???). I asked for a photo of the color he described as “greenish charcoal grey.” I’m thinking of an unlined hat with venter crown and three rows of decorative brim edge stitching. A one-inch ribbon will be in keeping with its Playboy vibe.

View attachment 349569
They are nice rabbit felts. Much nicer than the one Winchester rabbit hat I have from Falcon Park. Is he going to hand stitch an unreeded sweat for you?

Tukwila

I didn’t know that unreeded sweatbands we’re on the menu. It might become a fold away!
I mentioned it in another post. He showed me a grey, open crown, lightweight/featherweight rabbit that was super light. It had a mid-ribbon and a natural, unreeded, hand-stitched sweatband. He folded it up like you would a vintage Borsalino travel hat, then popped it right back to open crown, slick as you please.

I was very tempted to put in an order for one on the spot... but time was short and i had to go.

I mentioned it in another post. He showed me a grey, open crown, lightweight/featherweight rabbit that was super light. It had a mid-ribbon and a natural, unreeded, hand-stitched sweatband. He folded it up like you would a vintage Borsalino travel hat, then popped it right back to open crown, slick as you please.

I was very tempted to put in an order for one on the spot... but time was short and i had to go.

I’m in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto