Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Some great feedback guys Thank you !
as I am enjoying my Northwest hat
Mike did a fantastic job
che

ofcoursemyhorse,
A wonderful hat you have there , Great color combo
say if you can post a pic of the duo, your brothers & yours together...

Mr.Astor

Banned
Hi Seabass- you wear a hat well! More importantly you know what works for you! I'm new I did like the pics with the youngsters.
Mr.Astor

seabass

Call Me a Cab
ofcoursemyhorse
Wow a double header "pun intended"
Your brothers hat has a wonderful deep crease
The hats works great in both creases, good side by side comparison
Thanks for posting !

Mr. Astor
Thank you for the kind comments.
My Grandpa taught me how to wear a hat as a small child
I am passing the tradition to my Grandkids & have done the same with my Sons.
Fine vintage hats can be found in small sizes easily for me at very good prices as the kids have quite the collection

With custom hats I always receive great results as I know exactly what i want
But I always let the custom hatter have full control of ribbon work
Let the Artist do his thing & I'm always pleased
This forum is invaluable for assisting all
I'm grateful for the FL & Grandpa
Gracias
Che

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Alex, yours and your brother's hats are just fantastic. I love the colour combo - I have a plan in my head for something similar. Black with Burgundy ribbon in my case.

hutch

Familiar Face
Mike at Northwest Hats has re-size, re-blocked and replaced the ribbons on a few of my hats. I cannot praise Mike's work enough. He kept in constant communication with me during each project, listened to what I wanted done, offered his opinions & suggestions, and did the work exactly how we discussed in a timely manner with reasonable pricing. I highly recommend Northwest Hats and I will definitely use him again for future work. When I am ready to buy a new hat I will definitely go to him.

The two recent hats Mike worked on for me was an old black long hair Beaver Brand pork pie. I had him re-size it and replace the standard black ribbon with a burgundy color ribbon with a black accent. The second hat was a tan Stetson (most likely from the 80's) I asked him to re-work in a more modern style which I don't have many of. This hat was somewhat dirty and it had a braided cord (not a big fan of those). I asked him to re-block it to a 4" center dent and cut the brim to 1 3/4". He replaced the ribbon with a Navy blue ribbon with a tan accent. He also applied two rows of stitching to the brim. I know there are a lot of FL members who don't care for modern stingy brims but I wanted something different then the other 11 hats I have. I really like the results and I have another hat (maybe 2) that I am going to have him do the same thing to after the holidays. The results are below:
DSCN0557.jpg DSCN0558.jpg DSCN0559.jpg

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
I asked Mike to make me a bogartesque fedora in Steel Grey beaver felt. This is what came in the post today.

I tried to adjust the camera settings to get the correct colour, but in reality it is a couple of shades darker, more of a mid grey than that shown above.

It really if beautifully made and has a lovely feel to it.

Thanks Mike, it is exactly what I wanted.

m0nk

One Too Many
I've gotta say, with the price and quality, my next custom hat order is going to this guy. Think I'm going to send him an email this afternoon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner