Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Note to the girls

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hello all!

I just wanted to give you a heads up that after a lot of thought, debate, and prayer, that I have descided to not be a bartender anymore. I feel like I'm being called in another direction, and this is one of the things I have been called to give up. I have seen this place grow so much, from when there were a handful of gals posting, to now when there's so many new faces it's hard to keep track! It's a wonderful thing to see so many girls finding their place among others who enjoy things of the past. The bartenders do such a wonderful job here, and we can't forget MK who started the whole thing from the get go! I just want to thank them and all of you who were with us from the beginning or have just found us. This place wouldn't be what it is if it weren't for you gals. Please, if you have concerns, make sure to let your wonderful bartenders for the Powder Room, ITG and Miss Neecerie know. They have done such a fabulous job, and I know that they are more than worthy of their positions here and I'm thankful for such wonderful women who keep this place the way it is. I look forward to posting here as a regular, but I know the time has come for me to turn in my towel. God bless and thanks a ton.

Lauren

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Aww. We'll miss you as a bartender but I'm glad you'll still be a regular poster, Lauren, since you are so knowledgeable on so much of what we have come here to learn! Plus, I would die if I never saw another of your fabulous creations! :D

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Life does get busy, so I think everyone can understand, but thanks Lauren, for being an amazing resource/hostess/bartender to the Powder Room. And ditto to Fleur De Guerre's comments--we hope you keep posting and showing us all of the amazing things you've made!

Sunny

One Too Many
Aww, I'll miss having you as a bartender. But I'm glad you'll still be around. And I'm very glad God's made your direction clear. It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? Go for it! :)

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
So long as you'll still be sitting at the bar rather than pouring drinks, it's okay, everyone needs a break sometimes.
Take it easy Lauren!:D

Kim_B

Practically Family
Glad to hear you aren't leaving us for good! I love drooling over all your beautiful creations!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Just to echo everyone, your efforts were always appreciated AND thanks for sticking around.

You're a part of what makes these boards so valuable and cool.

-Viola

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Lauren, thank you for all you have done to this day.
I understand what you face, as I moderate on a patient support site, and it is no easy task.

You will, of course, stay with us as a poster and give us valuable tips from time to time, won't you?

Wishing you the best in all you do.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
crying3.gif
What's goin' on here? All my favorite people are leaving. Is the party over?

glass susie

New in Town
I've just joined and people are leaving? Should I take that personnally?
Seriously though, thanks to all involved with the setting up and running of this forum. It is fantastic and I wish I had more hours in the day to be on here!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Aww, at least you're not completely leaving though! That would be awful. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks so much for everything you've done around here as a bartender. We all appreciate it!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Can I just say a big thankyou for all of your great helpful advice and for sharing your immeasureable knowledge with us!
I am glad that you are staying on as a "regular", but I think that everyone here will agree with me that there is not much that's "regular" about someone as gifted and talented as you are!!!
Let your hair down and come and join the merry throng of the ladies!!!!:cheers1:

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
I raise a toast to you! I haven't been here too terribly long, however I could see how admired & loved you are. It's good to trade off when you have to or are ready to. I was once head of a large group, and after a couple of years I had to hand over the reigns. I shall enjoy getting to know you as a patron!

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
ahh Lauren thas sad news. I feel like i know you because i have been a guest on this bored practically everyday for 6 months

I wish you good luck for the future

olive bleu

One Too Many
Part of responsibility is knowing when to pass it on to someone else.You have been a fantastic bartender and i am thrilled to know that we don't have to say good-bye. I was in a panic til i got to the bottom line!!:eek:

Amelie

A-List Customer
I was in a panic too because I was telling myself: nooooooo I've just arrived and one of the person with the greatest personnality, talent and style is going awayyyy :cry:

But then I saw you were staying, and my smile came back again. I haven't had the time to know you as a bartender so, for me, as long as you stay, it's alright :)

Donna/Dante

New in Town
But I just got here! Well, it's good to see that you're not leaving completely, and I hope I'll see you around, because I definitely plan to be here at the bar regularly! :)

Good luck and best wishes in whever life is leading you, Lauren!

-d

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy