Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now this is pretty cool

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I can nearly guarantee one of these jackets would look a LOT better in person, on someone's back. As soon as I get working again, the piggy bank will slowly start to be filled. It's on.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
my thought of those more flamboyant cowboy boots too, probably somehow they look much better once being worn, or I'm just not hip enough to get it...:)

Nick, I cannot wait. And I know that many who are perhaps doubting these jackets right now will see the light.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Nick, here are some more shots of the Gandalph. This is the so popular color of the day. I don't know much about these jackets. I do know I can't do a fit pic of this one because it doesn't fit! probably a size 38-40

DSC02606.JPG

DSC02607.JPG

DSC02608.JPG

DSC02610.JPG

DSC02617.JPG

DSC02620.JPG

DSC02619.JPG

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
It this jacket fit me, I would wear it. Size is why I don't look at them as seriously. When I did look they were about 40 tops. I can get it on my back, but not around the front. The shoulders are wide and padded. I wish there was someone around that could model it, it really is a nice hanging jacket. The color is so 70s, 60s for me. I had that Gandalph in another thread. It was found at the local Salvation Army. I have traded there for years, few leather jackets ever. I've got an oldie that has this flair. I'll have to dig it out for a show. I think it is a Block from California. Rather sleek.

I've never sought this styles, really don't know who is after them. Seems at times I'm the only one interested in some of these jackets. I keep buying them and they seem reasonable. I've sold some, but haven't made much effort. Some of stuff is harder to find than meets the eye.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
looking at that Gandalph and the others; where did the design ideas come from? They look sort of medieval to me. maybe too many movies. I don't remember these jackets from the day so not sure other than people were really stretching things out then. Doesn't seem to radical a time now, but it was just moving along.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
looking at that Gandalph and the others; where did the design ideas come from? They look sort of medieval to me. maybe too many movies. I don't remember these jackets from the day so not sure other than people were really stretching things out then. Doesn't seem to radical a time now, but it was just moving along.

I think they might have drawn a lot of influence from nature-flowers, trees, and such. A lot of these jackets have very graceful lines, almost leaf like. Also maybe some Native American influence. I think they were symbolically aiming to pay tribute to a time before modern civilization as they knew it (which they saw as unhip in many ways.)

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
this jackets fit and look best on some with the "lean and hungry" look of day, with hair down to your shoulders and whatever facial hair you could muster. I had a rough out cowhide varsity jacket in this color and a off orange pimp newsboy cap to go with it. I, don't know of any pictures those cloths survived or were even taken.

This is the pre-war Block with some style to it. I will do some better pics forgot I had these.

DSC03243.jpg

DSC03253.jpg

DSC03270.JPG

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
those curves going on the action back gusset and yoke look interesting. the front, that lower/ hand pocket idea looks really cool, but chest pockets ruined it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ