Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nr Mint Spiewak A2

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are the pictures from the Ebay auction. There was a lot of interest in this jacket as A2s in this condition are extremely rare.The jacket is currently held in a local Parcel Force depot waiting for me to pay the customs charges, which I will do once I receive the Parcel Force invoice, which has been delayed by the UK postal strike! It would appear to be a size 44 from the seller's measurements. Fortunately I have a pristine label from a rotten Spiewak jacket which I bought cheap for the parts!

01-01-A2.jpg

01-18-A2.jpg

01-06-A2.jpg

01-04-A2.jpg

01-05-A2.jpg

01-09-A2.jpg

01-10-A2.jpg

Papa M

A-List Customer
aswatland said:
The jacket is currently held in a local Parcel Force depot waiting for me to pay the customs charges, which I will do once I receive the Parcel Force invoice, which has been delayed by the UK postal strike!

It's a real pisser having to pay import duty and VAT when you've already forked out a handsome sum to purchase a "beaten-up old bit of tat" (as I try to describe items to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs Dept).

I have just been caned £88 customs charge on a Used Aero and Vintage Hercules Chore coat from the US.

I guess that our government has to try to acquire as much cash as possible in order to cover our MPs' Expense Claims!

aswatland

I know what you mean about customs charges. Vintage jackets are actually exempt from duty, but few customs officials are aware of this.

Papa M

A-List Customer
My vendor showed the true value but marked my package as a gift, thinking that it would slide through without charge. Unfortunately gifts are still subject to duty and VAT.
It is now making me seriously wary about bidding for expensive items from abroad.

aswatland

Often with original A2s the USA is the best place to buy them from. There is a duty free code which I have used and it does help. It's 9705.00.00.90 and I ask the seller to write on the customs form: "WW2 leather flight jacket. Collectors Piece of Historical Value. Duty Free."

Papa M

A-List Customer
Good tip - thanks. Hopefully we can both stay out of prison having attempted to defraud Her Madge out of her ill-gotten revenue.lol

Papa M

A-List Customer
Nothing criminal in declaring the A2 as a Historical item.
I don't think her majesty will be looking to track me down - she's far too busy. Besides - I've already paid massive duty on items that, it now becomes apparent, may not have been technically subject to duty.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Customs

I have sent a lot of Old British motorcycle parts to the UK, I know the irony, and I always put Vintage Motorcycle Parts on the box and customs form. I always get a big thank you from the buyer! It is legal if it is old enough.

aswatland

It all worked out well in the end. I collected the jacket today from the PF depot and the customs charge was very minor. It's in fantastic condition-no rot, just signs of light wear. I will post some pics of the jacket being worn shortly.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
same spiewak a-2, if you 'd like...

nice jacket...i do happen to have one listed on my website if anyone's interested, same size...compared to the delovely one above, which let's call a 10 on a scale of 10 condition wise, i'd say mine is 8.5 to 9

it's listed as a 46 but these do run small, i'd say it's a 44 even by mil standards (yes, it's totally milspec)...i need at least a size larger so it's avail:

http://casablancawatch.com/watches/under500view.asp?wid=230

aswatland

I saw the advert for your repro Spiewak. They make decent repros. Good luck with it. BTW why do you use capital letters in odd places in words? It looks very odd.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
spiewaK

well, i am very oDD ;D

but i am going to letter abuse anonymous.

howevah, i am putting my spiewak up for sale...i'll put a posting in fedoralounge classifieds probably by end of day today.

happy Thanksgiving and rest of the year to all...

i mean, to aLL

rikbb

Familiar Face
A2 spiewak

johnnyjohnny said:
well, i am very oDD ;D

but i am going to letter abuse anonymous.

howevah, i am putting my spiewak up for sale...i'll put a posting in fedoralounge classifieds probably by end of day today.

happy Thanksgiving and rest of the year to all...

i mean, to aLL

Hello,
Is your jacket black or brown?
It's very nice,
rik

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
my jacket is...

the spiewak is the same one you see here...not the exact same one, same production model, pattern, cut, etc...same colour, goat...

you need to buy it;D

aswatland

johnnyjohnny said:
the spiewak is the same one you see here...not the exact same one, same production model, pattern, cut, etc...same colour, goat...

you need to buy it;D

Apart from the shape of the pocket flaps, stitching on the epaulets, label, zip, colour of the lining and shape of the collar it's an exact replica of a 1942 Spiewak!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925