Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutrition and exercise!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
As we stick to our guns and stay on course, I have a question. What is the smallest size dress that any one has bought as a motivation to fit into? I saw this gorgeous dress the other day, way too small, but soo gorgeous. I opted not to buy it. I was debating really strongly, but I know myself and instead of being a motivation, I would have gotten depressed on how small it was and how huge I seem compared to it and fallen off the wagon.

This dresss was was prob made in the early 80's with a 40's reto to it, blue sliky polyester the material was printed polka dot bows with a peplum at the waist, size 10 :eek: I just had a feeling if I kept seeing that little bitty thing I would have gotten depressed. :(

I currently have a couple of size 16s that I have as motivation, but thats as general clothes also. But with my big round behind, that doesnt count with jeans, thats what belts are for....lol.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I joined the gym recently in an attempt to lose some weight. I am currently a UK size 12-14 and aim to be just a 12! I know I am not terribly overweight but I just want to tone up for my own confidence. I have always been curvy with a big bust, even when I was a UK size 10 I didn't look very thin, and it is only within the past several months that I have come to accept my body shape and know that I will never be a certain size or shape. Anyway, I have only gone to the gym twice so far and can't believe how unfit I am - my first session only lasted 15 minutes! lol Obviously over time I will get used to it and surprisingly I actually enjoy the gym while I'm there, it is just the hassle of going there after a long day at work.

As for food, I do watch what I eat and always look at the fat content although now I've started using the gym I look at the calories too (as the machines there tell you how many calories you burn off). I guess I am not as healthy as I should be but I am not going to put sweet things out of my diet completely - it is all about moderation. I eat fruit and smoothies everyday and whilst at work I snack on things like nuts and sunflower seeds.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
faythe,

i will admit to buying stuff with the hopes of fitting into it soon. however, i won't go more than a size down because i have tons of stuff stashed away for that mythical day! and it better be cheap AND authentic to make the cut for me!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't usually by things that don't fit me, however, when I find something that is a size 6 that fits me and looks even marginally ok on me, I am definitely tempted to buy it!! I'm an 8 normally. Or a 10. :)

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Hello, lovely ladies!

I've got an insanely fast metabolism, but for some reason I'm always drawn to predominantly cardio exercise! I swing dance, do cardio kickboxing, and I do Kenpo Karate. Karate and kickboxing sometimes involve weights and muscle-building exercise, but it doesn't seem to be enough to help me keep anything on me! Swing dancing, however, certainly has been kind to my gluteus maximus, hehe...

As for diet, I'm a strict vegetarian -- no meat or poultry of any kind, and no weird animal products like gelatin. I do eat dairy though. I try to avoid simple carbs and white flour, but I refuse deprive myself of anything -- I'll occasionally have a croissant with breakfast, for example. I pretty much only get organic foods at home, and I try my best to get local produce -- it's sustainable and much better-tasting!

My biggest dietary concern is getting enough protein and healthy fats. For the fats, I'll make salad dressings with either olive or flax seed oil, or this really great (but PRICEY!) oil blend for women with flax seed oil, evening primrose, and other beneficial oils for Omegas and such -- it's amazing, and does wonders for my skin. For protein, I'll incorporate different nuts and legumes into my meals. Luckily, the southwest does beans well! I do soy products, but only in moderation. I try to avoid heavily processed meat substitutes, but I've got to indulge in the occasional veggie burger!

Learning to cook more has also really broadened my culinary horizons, and made me much more aware of my own health and nutrition. I love knowing and being able to control what goes into the foods I cook, and I enjoy cooking for friends and family.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I was in modern 16's and 18's after I had Nova. I bought two dresses that I'd call a modern day 6 as motivation. They both fit now!
But I'm aiming for some 4's.

Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I don't usually by things that don't fit me, however, when I find something that is a size 6 that fits me and looks even marginally ok on me, I am definitely tempted to buy it!! I'm an 8 normally. Or a 10. :)

HMPF! Must be that nice bust of yours, because you look like a size 2!
Nikki

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
It might be my butt too! I'm 38-28-38 ;)

ya see, this really peeves me off.* my bust and hip measurements are only a couple inches larger than yours, bella, but i HAVE NO WAIST. seriously. my body does not nip in at the waist! so i look a lot bigger, and have a harder time finding clothes!!! /rant

*please note, you ladies don't peeve me off. my body does!

Miss_Bella_Hell

ShooShooBaby said:
ya see, this really peeves me off.* my bust and hip measurements are only a couple inches larger than yours, bella, but i HAVE NO WAIST. seriously. my body does not nip in at the waist! so i look a lot bigger, and have a harder time finding clothes!!! /rant

*please note, you ladies don't peeve me off. my body does!

Yeah, I've always thought I had a body made for vintage, which is great for me, because I don't have to worry too too much about cinchers, etc. It doesn't, of course, stop me from wanting certain fabulous things that have a 24" waist! (Pretty much as small as I've gotten w/cincher is 26").

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
My exercise program...

My wireless router broke a while back.

So my computer and my TV are in two separate rooms. I run back and forth between them. I feel it keeps me from at least gaining any extra weight.

(I am being totally serious here.)

Bella, I'm like you. I have a body made for vintage as I have no trouble finding clothes that fit me. That is if the seller lists the measurements correctly. :rage:

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
ShooShooBaby said:

I hear you loud and clear, ShooShooBaby. If I get something to fit my waist it's enormous around the hips, and if I get something to fit my hips, my waist is enormous around it. :eek: Now, clearly the hourglass has long been the ideal figure, but apples like me must have been around in the background all that time, lamenting their lack of waist. (And increased risk of heart disease.) So what did they do?

I know that losing some weight might alleviate the problem, but lately I even smell a cookie and I put on five pounds. I don't know what's up, but it's not helping the clothes situation.

Anyway, PinkDahlia and Bella, I envy you your proportionality! You both always looks smashing in the photos you post. :eusa_clap

Miss_Bella_Hell

Polka Dot said:
Anyway, PinkDahlia and Bella, I envy you your proportionality! You both always looks smashing in the photos you post. :eusa_clap

This statement just got me off my butt and out for a run in the rain, even though I didn't wanna! Thanks ;) ;)

Shearer

Practically Family
All you yoga ladies out there! What would you prescribe for a beginner? I haven't done yoga since high school, but my sister has always been into it and she's inspiring me to try it.

I do 5 days a week of aerobic cardio as it is... mainly because I like to participate in things like this (www.urbandare.com), but I'd like to do some weight-bearing yoga.

I ordered Kundalini yoga for beginners off of Amazon.com because I was interested in the 5 Tibetan rites... has anyone else tried this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany