Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutrition and exercise!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
retromom147 said:
I really wish there were some fun, easy to follow swing/jazz style fitness DVD's. That would be amazing!!!!! There is a really fun show Dvd called Burn the Floor and they have a cute swing routine. It's a little like "swing on speed" though...but still fun. I would really get into a fitness routine that had swing dancing for individuals and couples.:rolleyes:

One of my fans tells me that my CD is perfect for exercising and housework!
I never knew I was so practical...lol

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ShooShooBaby said:
ok gals, instead of whining in the bathing suit thread, i'm gonna post here.

so. from riding my bike so much (and probably just being in my late 20s), my extra weight is starting to distribute itself in a really ugly way. basically, my legs, hips and butt are reasonably shapely, but my midsection is a disaster. all my extra weight is sitting between my boob-level and my hips. i know a person can't magically spot-reduce, but i'm trying to think of ideas to whittle away these areas without a ton of dietary restrictions or crazy amounts of aerobics. i'm a student AND a nanny and bike-commute at least 5 hours a week, so i don't exactly have a ton of extra energy to start a huge exercise routine, and not much time for going dancing.

does anyone have ANY ideas for me so i don't turn into an apple??

Sorry, it's gonna have to be cardio, and kinds other than the bike. You might try cutting out red meat and chicken for awhile too, and only eating 100% whole wheat breads and pastas, and brown rice.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Sorry, it's gonna have to be cardio, and kinds other than the bike. You might try cutting out red meat and chicken for awhile too, and only eating 100% whole wheat breads and pastas, and brown rice.

damn, i was afraid of that. on the food front, i'm a veggie and only eat whole grains... guess it's time to give up the cheese! :rolleyes:

The Shirt

Practically Family
Shooshoo - Have you tried an exercise ball/balance ball? When I get on program if I simply do a few different toning exercises on it a few times a week (10-15 mins each) it really tones up my middle fast. I generally peek at shape magazine for ideas for specific ones to try. It hardly feels like I'm doing anything and I just pluck down and do it while watching the tube.

Or I do have to admit that the winsor pilates thing really helps me focus on my middle. You will definitely feel it after even one use. Its only 20 min video and pretty cheap to buy. Sounds like you get in some great cardio already.

texasgirl

One Too Many
You might try the YOU Diet from Dr Oz on Oprah. He really explains about the middle and how important the size of your waist measurement is. It's pretty easy to follow. And the book is interesting just learning about your digestion system :)

http://www.oprah.com/health/yourbody/slide/20061102/yourbody_20061102_350_201.jhtml

I am actually on Weight Watchers now and I love it. The weight is coming off slowly- about 22 pounds since July, but I really don't feel like I'm on a diet.

Diets are evil. Pure evil. I can't eat a lot of foods because they hate me (or my stomach hates them, one way or the other I can't) so I eat pretty well I guess. I walk to & from work, up a big hill, 4 times a week, and hardly snack between meals. I don't exercise other than my walking. I have many squidgy bits & always whine about how I would love to be more toned (note; toned, not thin), but in the end, I believe women should have curves.

Love your squidgy bits girls!! lol

Smuterella

One Too Many
I am trying to love my squidgy bits they mean my clothes are too small

and I just broke my diet by eating 6 biscuits so no dinner for me

*weeps*

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
dollydaydream said:
Diets are evil. Pure evil. I can't eat a lot of foods because they hate me (or my stomach hates them, one way or the other I can't) so I eat pretty well I guess. I walk to & from work, up a big hill, 4 times a week, and hardly snack between meals. I don't exercise other than my walking. I have many squidgy bits & always whine about how I would love to be more toned (note; toned, not thin), but in the end, I believe women should have curves.

Love your squidgy bits girls!! lol
Whene I lived in LA. I ate very bad food. I didn't ghave a fridge or a stove. I walted everywere though. During the first 6 mos I lived there I walked a mile in a half to the bus stop and then a mile and a half from the bus stop 5 days a week and about a mile to and from church on Sundays.

That was the best shape I have even been in even though I didn't really wiegh much less.

Prior to that I went down about 2 dress sizes because I was depressed. I was alot smaller but flaby and with no muscle tone. I also had no energy.

Sometimes I wish I was forced to walk more. I miss my thighs not rubbing together.

Smuterella said:
viennese things with chocolate in the middle and a huge mug of tea

:D

nomnomnom

Can I come and have some too?? Tea and biscuits is my bestest food! Strong tea, little milk, no sugar please!

Deadpandiva - I don't appear to be changing work with my walking, which is a bit of a shame, I wobble an awful lot to be honest. I'd hate to be one of these stick thin girls who have no shape, you see them on tv and they actually have a gap inbetween their thighs when they stand with their legs together. It's so wrong!!! Perhaps I should power walk up the hill to do some toning. Ah what am I saying?! I'm just plain lazy.

And I like cake & biscuits. And chocolate. Ice cream. humm...

I like your new pic dpd :D

Smuterella

One Too Many
well, when I move in with the girlfriend I intend to walk to work a few times a week, so I'm sure my wibbles will iron out as its a good hour each way

forget the cakes, I'll have buns of steel I will

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I'm loving Pilates so far, but unfortunately my school quarter is coming to an end! I'm going to have to find a class outside school that'll fit into my schedule, since the class next quarter is completely full.

I've lost half an inch of my waist, giving me a 23.5-inch waist. I didn't think that was possible! I'm not losing weight -- I've actually gained some on my hips recently. I think I'm just more toned in the middle.

Yay, Pilates!

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
I'd hate to be one of these stick thin girls who have no shape, you see them on tv and they actually have a gap inbetween their thighs when they stand with their legs together. It's so wrong!!!

:eek: My thighs don't touch...I'm very thin-limbed, but not a "stick" by any means! I don't think I look so horrible.

gluegungeisha said:
I'm loving Pilates so far, but unfortunately my school quarter is coming to an end! I'm going to have to find a class outside school that'll fit into my schedule, since the class next quarter is completely full.

I've lost half an inch of my waist, giving me a 23.5-inch waist. I didn't think that was possible! I'm not losing weight -- I've actually gained some on my hips recently. I think I'm just more toned in the middle.

Yay, Pilates!

Good lord!! I went to a pilates class once. Not only was the lady in charge a bit nasty (my arms & legs weren't doing what she wanted them to) but I hurt for days afterwards!! Relaxing, my bum!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters