Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutty Neighbors

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I knew this guy in high school, one Saturday he and his parents were out somewhere. They came home and the next morning they went into the front yard and there were black skid marks on the lawn and driveway. Someone backed up in the yard and peeled out. Well, one of the neighbors told his Dad that he saw a white car. No description of the make, model, year or license plate just a white car. Well, this guy assumed it was this guy in school who drove a white car. He started yelling at the guy and accussed him of doing a burnout in his yard. He had no evidence it was this guy, he just accussed and assumed it was he bacause of the "white car".

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Well we got a complainer in the neighborhood moaning about leaf blowers and that they're blowing dirt into the air and poisoning her garden. If it's causing dirt to go into the yard in large amounts, point it out so that;

A. the guy doing it is aware.
B. he can clean it up.

moan moan moan, whine whine whine:rolleyes:

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Lincsong said:
I knew this guy in high school, one Saturday he and his parents were out somewhere. They came home and the next morning they went into the front yard and there were black skid marks on the lawn and driveway. Someone backed up in the yard and peeled out. Well, one of the neighbors told his Dad that he saw a white car. No description of the make, model, year or license plate just a white car. Well, this guy assumed it was this guy in school who drove a white car. He started yelling at the guy and accussed him of doing a burnout in his yard. He had no evidence it was this guy, he just accussed and assumed it was he bacause of the "white car".

I'm guessing that the guy you knew in high school grew up and became a detective with a police department in my prosecutorial district.

AF

Jedburgh OSS

One of the Regulars
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Just noticed this thread because of a recent posting and have been reading these neighbor horror stories. Sure makes me glad I moved to the country 15 years ago. Here in Back Creek Valley between North Mountain and Third Hill Mountain "noise" consists of the putt-putt of a tractor, crowing roosters, mooing cows, and an inordinate amount of bird warbling. Sometimes I have to shut the bedroom window due to the loudness of the birds at daybreak.

A road flare will remedy the local unlicensed pharmacy or meth lab (run, as they have a tendency to go boom). Just make sure it's while the occupants are safely locked up after one of its many token raids. You never know when or if they sleep and might be cleaning their shootin' iron. There's nothing more exhilirating than the look on a drug dealer's face when he returns home to ashes. Now he'll be some other neighborhood's problem.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Our "nutty" neighbors got downright dangerous last night. Two people shot, one of the shooters deciding that my car would make a nice vantage point for him to hide behind.

Yes, we're moving away from here with all haste.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Time to call that realtor.

Down the street this guy spray painted his house himself. Then his next door neighbor hired professional painters to paint his house. As the painters were setting up the first guy came out and told the painters not to get overspray on his house else he'd want a free paint job.:eek:

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I always get a kick of the nuts who tell their neighbor in the fall; "oh they wind is blowing the leaves from your tree into my yard" What the hell do they expect the guy to do??? Talk to the tree and ask it not to go through it's seasons???? Why don't they talk to the birds about flying over the yard and messing????

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
So the nut who accused me of "poisoning" her food with the leaf blower, her 83 year old husband hasn't been around for a while. I asked her where he was and she said he had a hernia operation and wanted me to explain what was and how he got a hernia. So I explained it to her and it probably happened when he was removing junipers from the yard with a pick and shovel a couple months back. She denied it could be that. So anyway, the guy gets out of the hospital a couple days ago and today I see him mowing the front yard with a push mower. I told him it was still to early to do that type of labor and he should rest for another week or two. He said; "well you know her, all she does is complain".:eusa_doh:

Jerekson

One Too Many
Babydoll said:
Our "nutty" neighbors got downright dangerous last night. Two people shot, one of the shooters deciding that my car would make a nice vantage point for him to hide behind.

Yes, we're moving away from here with all haste.

Please pardon my French, but...holy ****.

Mr Zablosky

New in Town
Neighborly neighbors

We moved in the area in '93. Most everyone else were in their 80s and the first owners. Subdivsion was done in '54. The theme was us youngesters helped out the old folks in all sorts of ways: light bulbs, yard work, etc. Just about all the orginal owners have moved on but the theme remains. If you see a fellow struggling with something you just walk over and lend a hand. Its a nice place. Its interesting how the helpfulness is still here, inherited by the youngsters.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Foofoogal said:
83 and out of the hospital mowing? Would he let you help them mow? :eek:

He said he'd finish it. It's a small yard; 30'X10", but that's still too early out of the hospital to be pushing any mower. He a tough old guy, has to be, to be married to that woman for 50 years.

Justdog

Practically Family
Trees

LizzieMaine said:
A year or so back my next-door-neighbor didn't just cut down the tree limbs that spread over into his yard, he cut *all the trees* along the property line, right down to ground level, even the ones that were on my side of the line. Turned out his wife had given him a chain saw for his birthday, and he just wanted to be sure it worked right. Now I get to see his kids bouncing on their trampoline all day and they get a lovely view of my washing hanging on the clothesline. I miss the trees!

Very strange. There are usually very strict bi laws regarding trees. For example you are within your rights to trim them back to the property line but are liable if they die. Severe lack of consideration and selfish entitlement comes to mind.

Justdog

Practically Family
Lot line

scotrace said:
My neighbor built a six foot high wooden privacy fence along the property line - about 2 feet on my side. It was undiscovered until I had my lot surveyed.
So I used his fence as one wall when I fenced the rest of the yard.

This may seem like a major offense, but I'm grateful for the fence when he and his formidable bare belly are outdoors in the summer.

That is familiar. Does not affect me but interesting none the less. 2 Neighbors at the end of the court on the opposite side built fences at the same time and hired only the post hole service. 6X6. The one neighbor is an IBM excec but a stay at home. Very heavy and ample belly. The lot line behind their houses was unfenced and backed on to unsold newly constructed houses. The IBM neighbor talked the other neighbor into the fencing. The IBM neighbor tried to talk the rest of the side into the deal, smile, that was a no sell. This was 2 years ago. A heck of a lot of concrete went into these post holes at the back between the properties. The one neighbor just sold his house. Before the house sold the survey had to be approved. Apparently the IBM guy had hired the post hole service and told him where to put the posts. The posts according to the survey were a full foot on the new house property line. Subsequently the 2 were out there cutting all the posts off and moving them back to the inside of their respective lines. As the other neighbors were smart enough not to listen to this IBM guy their fences which were put in just a month later were lined a full foot minimum back from the 2 guys who had to rip out there back fences.
You handled your situation with great smarts!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Jerekson said:
Please pardon my French, but...holy ****.

Yeah. You said it!

New neighborhood is VERY quiet.... despite having a fire station right next door. I feel so much more secure here than I ever did at the old place. :)

Jerekson

One Too Many
Babydoll said:
Yeah. You said it!

New neighborhood is VERY quiet.... despite having a fire station right next door. I feel so much more secure here than I ever did at the old place. :)

Good. Not to mention the fire station itself should give you a little more feeling of security, right? What a drastic change- I'm happy for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy