Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutty Neighbors

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Land-O-Lakes, it seems you have a neighbor who is of the type who enjoys reading City Codes and has crowned himself "Sir Enforcer". It's these type of low IQ mullets that burrow under the skin and irritate anyone. :rage:

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Lincsong said:
Land-O-Lakes, it seems you have a neighbor who is of the type who enjoys reading City Codes and has crowned himself "Sir Enforcer". It's these type of low IQ mullets that burrow under the skin and irritate anyone. :rage:

You have nailed this guy. Our next door neighbor wanted to put up a bigger garage and he was at the city council meetings protesting. He has called the city if his other neighbors have left garbage cans out more than 24 hours before pick up. He even told his friendly neighbors that he would go down to the city and purchase them a permit to repair their patio (they were in the middle of the job at the time). We are pretty sure he has called on us as we have found inspectors in our yard but as we have not broken any codes they have left us alone.
Personally I think he is a bully!!!! Although can I just say that jokes on him in about 7 more years we will have teenagers then he will have to put up with them too.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
These are the types of people who have some type of mental deficiency where they believe that if they ingratiate themselves with the local government they are part of the "in crowd". These are they types who in Nazi Germany were phoning the Gestapo whenever they could.

Land-O-LakesGal said:
Ok here is our Nutty Neighbors

When we bought our house we were informed that the neighbor behind us had planted hostas on our property. Since we have squatters laws here which could allow neighbors to claim our property as theirs as they would be caretaking it we nicely asked them to move said hosta's which they did. For a year our neighbor would walk into our yard and advise up on how to do our yard work his way. Like disposing vs composting leaves: we were composting under pine tree to keep down the undergrowth of Buckthorn a problem plant in our area. He walked into our yard and informed us that it was illegal and that we had to bad and haul our leaves so we looked up city reg and they said nothing of the sort. Later he sent his son out to yell at my husband for snowblowing a path in our yard (son is my husband age and does not live with them). He and my husband almost came to blows (good thing there were large piles of snow separating them) as he started to say insulting things about me in the course of conversation. I then called neighbors and asked them if they could refrain from talking with us as it seems we have differing ideas on how to manage yards. He then started yelling at me about how I started it....and that we did illegal things that were against code. I again asked him to please leave us alone and hung up rather than listen to him rant and argue with him. We then planted 2 more pine trees 5 feet (the legal requirement) from his property line) . Now every year for the past 4 years these pine tree get pulled up by their roots the first hard frost of the year. On died 2 year ago. Last year I called the sheriff but they told us it was a civil matter and that they could do nothing. We have debated putting up a fence (we really cant afford one though) I suggested making it out of fat lady bending over signs.

Good Lord! I would go into debt to put up the highest possible "legal" fence between me and this jackass. I have fences between me and my neighbors on all sides. I have few problems. Fences do indeed make the best neighbors---and they can't talk. :rolleyes: :p

We had a neighbor call on us for a fence that did not, never did, and never will exist. The inspector came down and after my dad threatening his life. He ended up giving the guy next door 30 days to remove his illegal garage, and 12, yes 12 illegal campers.

We had a neighbor call on us for a fence that did not, never did, and never will exist. The inspector came down and after my dad threatening his life. He ended up giving the guy next door 30 days to remove his illegal garage, and 12, yes 12 illegal campers.

Sounds like this guy could have been another Phillip Garrido. :eeek:

He can't get past the fact that my family has been there longer. My grandpa built our place in 1958. The house he has now was built in the early 60's, and his father was the third owner, in 1979. We were great friends, forever. Once Mike (his dad) died, all hell broke loose. It's been about 10 years of this.

Sounds like this guy could have been another Phillip Garrido. :eeek:

grundie

One of the Regulars
When I was a student in Newcastle, UK I rented a house next door to a nice young couple. They were just married and inseperable. I know they were inseperable becuase I coudl hear everything they did in the bedroom at night...

"More handcuffs!"
"Make the straps tighter!"
"I NEED MORE PAIN!"

I would just lie in bed thinking "I don't want to thear that!". I would say hi to them everyday and I so wanted to tell them I could hear them, but was afriad of how embarassing it would be for all of us.

On the day I finally moved out, I worked up the courage to tell them "Oh, by the way, your sex antics are too loud - maybe you should turn down the volume a little bit for the next occupant?" I almost wanted to grab a bit of bread and make some toast because their faces went so red with embarrasment.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have a neighbor that has old wine bottles in a post, the bottom of the bottle sticking out, making an art piece I guess. Very odd.
I like her though, I suppose she's making a statement, I just don't know what it is!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
When I was a student in Newcastle, UK I rented a house next door to a nice young couple. They were just married and inseperable. I know they were inseperable becuase I coudl hear everything they did in the bedroom at night...

"More handcuffs!"
"I NEED MORE PAIN!"

I would just lie in bed thinking "I don't want to thear that!". I would say hi to them everyday and I so wanted to tell them I could hear them, but was afriad of how embarassing it would be for all of us.

On the day I finally moved out, I worked up the courage to tell them "Oh, by the way, your sex antics are too loud - maybe you should turn down the volume a little bit for the next occupant?" I almost wanted to grab a bit of bread and make some toast because their faces went so red with embarrasment.

HAHAHAHA! This is hilarious!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Or like it's time to go looking at whatever code infractions HE's committed... I'll bet there are at least a few. Or maybe you and your neighbors can get a class-action Harassment suit going...

We have a neighbor like this. She has also sued every neighbor on each side of her, mulitple times, mostly for dumb things that the judge threw out.

I'm convinced that the only people who really care about checking up on other people getting a permit (when it is something that is obviously not hurting anybody else) are those who don't get permits and do things illegally themselves. Really- why else would you think your neighbor didn't get a permit- unless you wouldn't get one for the same thing?

Kabel

Familiar Face
Where I live, there is a man of about 30 years of age. He lives right under the kitchen that is located under my quarters. Whenever the washingmachine is on in said kitchen and he's not in the mood for the noise and vibration it produces. He tends to switch on his favorite music which I then can hear clearly as if I was playing it myself. (music linked at bottom of post)
This can go on from about 19:00 (or earlier) to exactly 23:00 when it has to be quiet.
There is no talking to him what-so-ever. We've allready put rules down of no washingmachine on after 21:00, but even this does not matter.
Also this happens about 3/4 times a week.

It's not as spectacular as some of the neighbors who sue everyone, but still it is very annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb8PDTCBTik&feature=related

And I am serious when I say that this goes on for hour after hour after bloody hour. It gets to points where I just want to punch this man out.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
And I am serious when I say that this goes on for hour after hour after bloody hour. It gets to points where I just want to punch this man out.

I sympathize. I lived with Norwegian Death Metal for much of my life - My older brother is an enthusiast, and even plays in a band. He's the drummer, too, so whenever the band got together, it was always my basement. As a result, Advil no longer works on me.

My neighbours behind me have a pool and a plethora of grandchildren. Said grandchildren congregate in the aforementioned pool three times a week. Anyone with experience with children knows that they like to screech when they get excited, and when they're around more children, they like to screech louder. One of the kids screams like he's being disemboweled. Every year, I'll phone the city and have them send him a noise complaint letter... That seems to shut them up!

"More handcuffs!"
"I NEED MORE PAIN!"

:rofl:

When I moved in here, my neighbor made sure to let me know that she could hear everything that happened when the past tenants were living here. She followed up with 'ev-ry-thing, just for future reference when you have a woman over' Ironically, my new neighbors say they can't hear anything come from the house and I am a bit of a handyman, always working on the house and such. My old neighbor once complained that my paint roller was too loud on the wall......

"More handcuffs!"
"I NEED MORE PAIN!"

Where I live, there is a man of about 30 years of age. He lives right under the kitchen that is located under my quarters. Whenever the washingmachine is on in said kitchen and he's not in the mood for the noise and vibration it produces. He tends to switch on his favorite music which I then can hear clearly as if I was playing it myself. (music linked at bottom of post)
This can go on from about 19:00 (or earlier) to exactly 23:00 when it has to be quiet.
There is no talking to him what-so-ever. We've allready put rules down of no washingmachine on after 21:00, but even this does not matter.
Also this happens about 3/4 times a week.

It's not as spectacular as some of the neighbors who sue everyone, but still it is very annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb8PDTCBTik&feature=related

Extreem... trash!
It's a migraine set to "music" :eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot