Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NY Observer shows me some vintage love!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I always refer to Marc as the son I never had, even tho he's really no relation. You may remember we were in the Caine Mutiny Court Martial together a couple of years ago. Marc is totally the real deal, folks. One of my favorite Loungers. (Tho as you can tell from the infrequency of his posts, he doesn't lounge around much.)

VisforVictory

New in Town
Gee, Other Hermann, who's got time to lounge when there's so much work to do??

P.S. -- Took your advice on the costume shop! Stocked up on obsolete NYPD unit collar brass!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
VERY impressive, Marc!!

I particularly like this segment:

Mr. Hermann, 27, has been covering the city’s seamy side for over a decade. His job is one for which he is—quite literally—well suited. In a double-breasted suit, polished wingtips, and a fedora festooned with his press card, Mr. Hermann cuts the figure of a noir newsman at the city’s crime scenes and courthouses.

It paints a wonderful picture of the traditional, 1930s newspaper reporter or news-photographer, snapping away at crime-scenes.

By the way, do you have an actual vintage stills camera with those old, magnesium flash-bulbs?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a great write-up...and for a minute, I thought, "Hmmm - could it be?" about the young lady who was saving up her fees to open a vintage shop in Seattle. I thought "It couldn't be the one that own Red Light Vintage, could it?" But just a coincidence. They've been open 7 or 8 years already. But congratulations again on a great story AND for what you've done to bring back some style and decorum to news photographers.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Shangas said:
VERY impressive, Marc!!
By the way, do you have an actual vintage stills camera with those old, magnesium flash-bulbs?
Taken in 2007 for Mutiny on the Bounty, with Marc's 1942 Graphlex (one of 6 or 7?, Marc?) on Polaroid B&W film pack.
CaptBlakeleysmall.jpg

Captain Blakeley, USN.
Edit: Oy, I'm going mental! It was The Caine Mutiny Court Martial!!! Oy! Senior moment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy