Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Obscure leather jacket brands

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I like the High Notch Catoosa:

e0196712_16115456.gif

e0196712_16121969.gif

e0196712_1717356.gif

The California is also pretty cool:

e0196712_1340799.gif

e0196712_13403576.gif

And this one:

e0196712_16283967.gif

e0196712_16283967.gif

Looks like they use veg tanned, semi-aniline horsehide. Any idea where they source the HH? How is the quality of the manufacturing?

Blackadder

Izumiya is a retailer and leather repair shop. High Notch is its house brand. It is actually the opposite of say Attractions and Orgueil etc because all High Notch non-leather clothing items are collaborations that are made by someone else.
http://www.izumi-ya.jp/index.html
Started off as custom workshop so my guess is they do still take custom orders. You may have a choice of leather.

Last edited:

regius

I don't have any experience with their jackets, but the shirts I have from them are top-notch.
I like their English description, always "Jelado are a problem, and they are the kind of problem that every customer and enthusiast of quality Japanese clothing needs. They are a problem because when a customer has an urge or an itch for a particular item there is a more than reasonable chance that Jelado make it, sell it and it is more than likely better than just about anyone else’s. It would be an understatement to say that Jelado’s product line is extremely varied."

Edward

Bartender
Although well known here, artisan makers like NORSHOR and Steve Sellers's GREATEST GENERATION could be considered obscure due to their one man operations. Have jackets from both and thoroughly recommend them.

I suspect pretty much all of the labels we loved on here are relatively obscure Out There, Among The Normals....

I have admired several of the above-mentioned brands from afar, but am reluctant to pull the trigger because, with few exceptions, I know little or nothing about the quality of their leather and manufacturing. Moreover, many of the Japanese niche brands are simply too small. I saw this Orgueil while recently in Taipei and would buy it in a heartbeat if they made my size:

4002A_001.png

That looks really cool. I know what you means about Japanese stuff and sizing. From what I vcan make out, I'd struggle to find jackets to fit out there, and I'd definitely never find jeans. I've yet to see a pair of Japanese jeans made for their market go over 34" in the waist...

Blackadder

I suspect pretty much all of the labels we loved on here are relatively obscure Out There, Among The Normals....

That looks really cool. I know what you means about Japanese stuff and sizing. From what I vcan make out, I'd struggle to find jackets to fit out there, and I'd definitely never find jeans. I've yet to see a pair of Japanese jeans made for their market go over 34" in the waist...
I think some Japanese brands rarely go over 36".
but there are Sugarcane, Fullcount, Samurai and Iron Heart
http://www.fullcount-online.com/item/1101XX.html
These are all regular Japan market items unless you are talking about some limited edition lots.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I think some Japanese brands rarely go over 36".
but there are Sugarcane, Fullcount, Samurai and Iron Heart
http://www.fullcount-online.com/item/1101XX.html
These are all regular Japan market items unless you are talking about some limited edition lots.

Yes, there are those - I'd assumed the bigger sizes are for the Western market. I'm tempted by the idea of a pair of hefty 21oz or so, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to pay what they charge most of the time! Maybe in a few years, if the pound recovers....

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
What is steve sellers' greatest generation website?

Also idk if any of you own fourspeed jp but the iron heart deer skin leather western was made by them. I have one and it is an excellent piece.

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
Grizzly is just awesome. When I'm really, truly, and finally ready to say FTW...I'll do it in a Griz...not quite there yet.

I will def own one in the future, and probably it will be a Himel Brs.
Already knew some of the brands that came up in this thread. Some really interesting stuff.

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars

I'm into japanese denim and have most of those brands, Iron Heart, Samurai, PBJ and my personal favourite ONI. And they have a very normal array of sizes.

apba1166

A-List Customer
Superfluous, I have that Orgueil jacket. It is very nice, and like a lot of Japanese stuff the stated size and measurements are smaller in chest than one is used to, because they measure true circumference. Still, I can wear mine over a tshirt fine, but a bit tight over a shirt. Needs some break in too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy