Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oh, the Stigma of an Astigmatism. . .

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Excuse the terrible photo, it's late and photobooth can be a pain.

These are my new babies. Brand spanking new ray bans :D
I had a local optometrist order them in as I saw them on the ray ban website and fell in love.

tumblr_lhhl5u7dSw1qdgzfbo1_500.jpg

They are great! I want some!

Sharpsburg

One of the Regulars
I am getting my impression ready for Reading WWII week and need some 100% authentic glasses. Can anyone recommend a specific look or style, not too expensive that will not draw criticism from the other reenactors?

Thanks! Mary

LizzieMaine

Bartender
You can't go wrong with these. Or these. Both of these styles were introduced in the mid-thirties, and were extremely common thru the war era. (The second style is the one I wear.)

If you want to be 100 percent Ultra Authentic, you'll need actual glass lenses, not polycarbonate -- but I don't know if they're even made anymore. Last time I asked for glass the optician just gaped at me.

KittyAnneMalloo

Familiar Face
I recently bought a pair of glasses from Etsy. Late 40's the seller said. I took them into the optomitrist yesterday to have my lenses put in and the lady was so excited. she couldn't beleive how old they were and in such good condition for their age. Also the way in which the glass was held in was done in a way she had never seen before, she was so excited to work on them she jumped me to the head of the que and I will be able to pick them up on Thursday!!! I will post pics once they get here (she is express posting them to me so I don't have to drive back into town)

missjones

New in Town
Excuse the terrible photo, it's late and photobooth can be a pain.

These are my new babies. Brand spanking new ray bans :D
I had a local optometrist order them in as I saw them on the ray ban website and fell in love.

tumblr_lhhl5u7dSw1qdgzfbo1_500.jpg

those frames look perfect on you! :) gorgeous!

i'm jealous; i tried them on at a local Lenscrafters and they don't suit me at all.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
^I hope they have that Ray-Ban style in my city, I'd love to try them on! These Swedish frames look pretty too:
scandinavian4.jpg

getimage.aspx
scandinavian8509.jpg

"Kitten" by Efva Attling

Last edited:

Bombshell Becca

One of the Regulars
I got the Ray-Bans too. This was taken with the demonstrator lenses in because I was so excited. They are having my prescription put in right now, can't wait!

IMAG0212-1.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
I got the Ray-Bans too. This was taken with the demonstrator lenses in because I was so excited. They are having my prescription put in right now, can't wait!

IMAG0212-1.jpg

Wow, these make me wish I wore glasses! Too bad they don't have these frames for sunglasses.

ETA: I hope that doesn't sound insensitive. I love the look of some glasses, but understand it is a huge pain for some people to have to wear them.

Last edited:

Drappa

One Too Many
I've been looking online just now, but can't seem to find anywhere in the UK that offers this. I'd have to save up for them anyway, but I'll keep it in mind. Also, not sure they'd look as great on me as on you two ladies :)

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
I wear lenses but I have glasses too. I don't like to wear them outdoors, don't know why exactly. Maybe I'm used to that I can look around without turning my head all the time. You know, when you look to the left you see a fuzzy image so you have to turn your head to see what's going on.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer

Wow! they look absolutely stunning on you! love seeing one of the other colour options on a real person. They honestly look amazing! I'm so jealous...

I've just bid on a pair of vintage 50s cats eyes on ebay... they've got 3 hours to go! If I win, I'll post a pic!! (fingers crossed!)

Bombshell Becca

One of the Regulars
Thank you :) They are my first pair of glasses since I was 12 that are not mostly black. I really had to force myself to get out of my comfort zone & get this color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails