Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oh, the Stigma of an Astigmatism. . .

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
*bump*!

I came to this thread for advice, but see from the pictures posted by Eleanor Marie above that it answers my question somewhat!

I am thinking of cutting a Bettie Page type fringe/bangs again (I had them about 4 years ago for a couple of years before growing them out) for the summer, but when I had them before, I didn't wear my glasses much and back then they were modern - not in any way daring/outrageous! Now I have my new glasses, as pictured above or on me here:
408988815_b38cd6ea64.jpg

I still don't wear them constantly but I do wear them out in public, not just for driving etc.

Can I have a big fringe and wear my cats eyes and not look silly? (Now, after seeing pics above I don't think EM does at all, but what about me personally!)

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I´m totally desperate. I have bad eyes, so I really need glasses but now I stumbled over this German seller and don´t know which ones to choose and which might flatters my face the best...

0e_1.JPG

31_1.JPG

vintageau-1150657411-6240.jpg

da_1_b.JPG

72_1_b.JPG

Please, please help me cause I can¬¥t get them all. ?çt¬¥s realistic to buy two pairs to try and sell again the one that doesn¬¥t look that good, but I can¬¥t go and buy them all... (Plus I don¬¥t want to show them my boyfriend cause he wants me to get "normal" frames *cough* so I want to charm him with my final choice)

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Hi Sari,

It's a tough one--what color is your hair? If you are blonde, I would suggest the light blue ones.

But it is such a tough call! You seriously might need to order a couple of them. I've made so many mistakes ordering glasses off of eBay. If you have a pair that you already like the width, make sure to match that to the ones you plan on buying, so you'll at least have an idea of whether or not they'll fit your face.

Good luck!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
See my profile pic to check out my looks, but to make it easier to figure out what might matches... My favce from different angles:

my.php

my.php

I´m tempted by the different blue ones in fact cause if they don´t match colour of my clothing they at least match my eyes. But than the black ones on top would match every outfit but I´m so scared it might be too "heavy" for my face.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Do you mean the light blue ones or one of the other blue ones with the navy blue tops?

A too long fringe might ends up covering your cute glasses. I think it would look good if the fringe ends above the glasses. By the way: You did a fabulous choice with them! Don´t forget to post pics with your glasses!!!

I might try to play around with photoshop to find out which one might suits me.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
I agree with Sari, Fleur, keep your bangs a little above your eyeglasses and you'll look just darling! Please post pictures when you get your hair cut and with the new glasses.

Sari,
I personally liked the light blue glasses and the dark ones that were first (they had a kind of art deco design on the frames and I love anything art deco).

Both of you will look cute in any of the glasses on here!

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
oh sari i really like those baby blue glasses. but the nose bridge looks really big

I work at Eyemasters so i sale glasses all day. I dont have a picture of the 3 that i have but they all have a vintage vibe to them... Two are plastic and one pair of plastic frames have diamonds on the sides and then the third pair is a metal frame. They're all cat eye.
Old ladies always tell me they love them

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Unfortunetly the glasses did just not look right. The blue one was too light for my eyes and the black one seemed to strict on my face, so I posted them in classified before trying to sell them on the bay.

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
Courage!

Ladies I have plucked up the courage to start wearing my glasses for work. Had a lot of nice comments and compliments. Trying to convert my work wardrobe slowly over to a more 'vintage' look.

zaika

One Too Many
Glasses: Yes or No?

this isn't a general question...but one about me specifically.

glasses: yes or no? are these extreme? do they look good for daily wear? i would really appreciate feedback. please? :D

DSC05263.jpg

DSC05262.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Those specks are fine. I have a vintage pair, and the cat eyes are all like that. Those are rather tame, in my opinion.

Oh, and I LOVE your My Little Pony hair!!! :D

LD

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i vote yes! those are adorable.

i have vintage frames, but my prescription is only for reading.

there's a guy named Mateo at Hawthorne Vision that i would recommend working with, if you decide to have your prescription put in them! it's at Hawthorne and SE 41st-ish

Liz

I think they are lovely! I should add that I may be a bit biased though, because I absolutely love my vintage cat eye glasses. At first, I was worried that mine were too extreme myself, but once I got used to them I never gave it a second thought!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn