Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OH YEAH!!!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh, that knicker suit!!!

I hope you don't mind me doing this sir, I just have to show them what you got! Even if it means taking me out of the spot light! This suit is truely a rare piece! Ladies and Gents, this is the Knicker suit that BK mentioned!

95_1.JPG

50_1.JPG

I'll get things going in the "Show us your suits" thread or, maybe it's time for another "Show us your suits" Part II or III or what ever it's on now!lol

Any way, we'll have fun posting photos of our goodies this next month I'm sure!

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
The scoop on dry cleaning...

I take my stuff to a place here close to town that has dealt with vintage for a good collector friend of mine. I have taken my stuff to them for many years and they do good. Now, if you want the best of care and money isn't an issue, one should take their vintage to French’s on Lake Ave in Pasadena.
They have the best track record when it comes to care for vintage clothes. They restore and clean vintage. It's not cheap but worth it!

I don't clean my vintage after every wear, fact is, this stuff couldn't take it. I clean it when it gets a spot on it or maybe I can just tell it's in need of a good cleaning.;)

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
That's right! But, there's a trick to vintage, say one was to sweat in a suit, don't go to the cleaners, just take a spray bottle with a 50/50 mix of water and Vodka and mist it onto the sweaty parts of the suit and pants after you turn it inside out. This will kill the odor and take the harmful chemicals with in perspiration out of the fabric. It's great!

=WR=

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
And after spraying your suits down, just pour out your spray bottle over some ice and give it a stir. It won't get rid of stains, but it'll make you care less about them.

Wild Root

Gone Home
lol yeah, 50/50 water vodka with that nice plastic spray bottle taste! Oh yeah, sounds good!lol lol lol

By the way, we're :eek:fftopic: so, lets jump right back on track if you please;)

=WR=

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
That's right! But, there's a trick to vintage, say one was to sweat in a suit, don't go to the cleaners, just take a spray bottle with a 50/50 mix of water and Vodka and mist it onto the sweaty parts of the suit and pants after you turn it inside out. This will kill the odor and take the harmful chemicals with in perspiration out of the fabric. It's great!

=WR=

Huh? For real?

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I'm not too envious

This is why I'm glad you wear a different size than I.
That suit is fantastic! The vest even has four pockets.
You certainly know how to pick 'em.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Two great suits to see -- Root's and BK's -- in one day! What a fine sight!

To bastardize an old song, "T'aint what you wear, it's the way that you wear it." While Root's new suit looks terrific by itself, it will be even better when he sports it on the town. Root makes suits smile, because he wears them well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany