Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OH YEAH!!!

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
These aren't the best but, they'll show ya how well this thing fits! I'll get more photos taken of me in it later this week!

Why is it that first pic almost reminds me of Der Bingle :eusa_clap

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh you know some vintage styled ones are going to be posted when I get the chance. Just waiting for this infernal rain to let up! :rolleyes:

I'm having a Birthday party this weekend and I'll be sure to get some great shots at Bob's with the rest of the crew.

Thanks again for all the kind words and compliments!

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes, here's another fine mess you've gotten me into!

lh26bc.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
No, we're to be talking about my suit!:p lol lol

I agree, it is a fine suit! I wish I could find one like it or, dare I say, the same one! How cool it would be to have the suit in the photo as part of a collection! Soaked in Hollywood history!

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes, the trousers are flat front on this suit. They look good on me but, they fit just a little snug around the thighs. For me, I'd like pleats on a suit like this so I could wear them a little higher so that the vest overlaps the waistband better. The flat fronts give the suit an earlier look then 1941. Matt saw me wear it and he says it looks a lot like a mid 30's suit.

I'll get some good photos of it this weekend and I'll post them up for every one here to see.

Cheers,
Rob.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
I think that it was a really good listing - they managed to find a guy the suit fitted quite well. They had him wear shirt garters and a bow tie.

If it is dated '41, I guess it would be like someone nowadays buying a suit that wasn't totally trendy and could quite as easily been available in the mid '90s.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, the suit was made in Canada. From what I have seen from other Canadian vintage suits is, they were some what behind the times in men's styles. Also, it's a custom made suit so, the owner probably had his measurements on file at the Tailor shop and just had the man keep making him the same style into 1941. This happened many times seeing that most men just wore what they felt comfortable in for the most part. Also, early 40's suits were different then 30's suits mostly in catalogs and movies.

Make sense?
=WR=

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
I don't quite get what you mean by this, Mr. 'H'. Could you elaborate?

What I meant to say is that one could buy a suit today that would be recognizable as a suit from 2006-ish. But one could also buy a suit today that did not look like it was made in 2006.

E.g. no new DB suits are available this season it seems. But you could fing some DB suits still for sale in some department stores that are designed for the more classic and less contempory (2006) look.

You know what I mean...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24