Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oil Cleansing Method

Mary

Practically Family
Live vintageous!, I advice you to not steam your face. It's not good for broken capillaries.

Smuterella. So it started to smell. :eek: I think you talked me out of it. And I'm to lazy for it anyway.

M

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
For any smell issues, you probably want to wash your pillowcase on a very frequent basis - try every couple days. A pain, perhaps, but better for your skin. After all, you're getting facial oils, hair oils, and hair products all over your pillow every single night!

On washcloths, I use a separate cloth every single time I wash my face.

Tatum

Practically Family
RitaHayworth said:
I think so anyway, but my skin has improved 150% - so Im happy with that.

I went to a dermatologist/day surgeon when I was about 22 who informed me I have a very slight case of Roscea (sp?) - and that he could laser them! I declined politely! as annoying as they are, I just couldnt do it.

Would you mind sharing what recipe you use for OCM? Thanks!

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Tatum said:
Would you mind sharing what recipe you use for OCM? Thanks!

I use 75% EVOO and 25% Castor Oil if my skin feels greasy - but last night I mixed up about 100ml EVOO with around 50ml each of almond oil and jojoba oil.

I dont use the Castor Oil much - and the only steaming I do is with a warm facewasher, not over boiling heat.

In the morning I just use a bit of Nivea soft on my face - Its enough for a make up base, it goes slightly red, but goes away after a while

Ales Rider

New in Town
Hi Everyone!!:)

I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks reading up on the OCM and after walking all over town to find castor oil have been doin the OCM for around 10 days.

I've mixed 50/50 EVOO and Castor Oil which is working well on my Combination skin and have even managed to find the original formula Nivea in the tin!! I'm really pleased with the results!! my skin definately looks better overall, but i'm now at the 'yucky' stage where my skin is releasing the toxins in pimples :( :(

i'm definately gonna carry on though because my large pores are definately looking smaller and not as blocked and my skin feeels much firmer and smoother. I do occasionally get the 'gritty' feeling when cleansing, but i'm not sure if thats plugs or just dirt i can feel lol!

Anyhoos I'll keep you all informed - ooh and thanks for all the info everyone!

love
Ales xx

Tatum

Practically Family
RitaHayworth said:
I use 75% EVOO and 25% Castor Oil if my skin feels greasy - but last night I mixed up about 100ml EVOO with around 50ml each of almond oil and jojoba oil.

I dont use the Castor Oil much - and the only steaming I do is with a warm facewasher, not over boiling heat.

In the morning I just use a bit of Nivea soft on my face - Its enough for a make up base, it goes slightly red, but goes away after a while

That is exactly what I am using for OCM, but Jojoba as a moisturizer. Thanks, RitaHayworth!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Tatum... dosent that Jajoba oil work wonderfully as a moisturiser.. I have been loving it.. my face has too!

THank you ladies for all the wonderful advise and mixtures.. I also have been using grapeseed and my face is loving it all!

I have alot of acne scars and uneven skin.. and just in the last week or so.. its done a 180 :) :) WHooohoo to OCM

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I only had EVOO, but I tried it out tonight and it was really nice! Very relaxing, and my pores already look cleaner (I felt the grittiness!) and smaller, even without the Castor oil. I'll be picking some up tomorrow though.

I'm excited! Blackheads have PLAGUED me since I was a kid. I get them around my lips too (from my lipstick! They are RED blackheads!), so I'm hoping this will help get rid of them for good.

Mary

Practically Family
Pigeon toe. I looked in my 50's beauty book and it said the best thing to use for blackheads is to mix a little yeast with sour milk/yoghurt. Put on the skin with blackheads, let it almost dry, then rub it off. Maybe you could give it a try? I tried it on my "whiteheads" but it didn't work out, but I think it improved them.

M

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Thanks for the tip Mary! I might try it out sometime!

I've only been using the OCM for 3 days now, but all the little nasties in my chin are totally gone! It's crazy! There are still a lot of blackheads in my nose, forehead and the pesky buggers around my lips, but I have a good feeling about this. I admit, I'm a little afraid about the whole gross skin freakout adjustment period though, but I'll try to be strong! ;)

Mary

Practically Family
That sound's amazing. And you are only using EVOO. That's olive oil, isn't it?
Do you massage or only put it on and wipe it off?

M

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Wow, It's been a while since I've been to the Lounge!lol

I've been perusing this thread and thought I'd try the OCM. I went to Walmart today and purchased some castor oil from the laxative section (got some funny lookslol ) and a little glass cruet to mix the oils in. Wish me luck!

Mary

Practically Family
Yay! I read the entire tread! I've tried to use some olive oil on my face the last couple of nights, cause I thought the cold cream was clogging my pores. So far nothing has happened. No breakouts, no improvements.:(

A lot of the people here have greasy skin but I think my skin is dry. I read that almond oil was good and jojoba oil. I wonder if anyone has dry skin and could tell me what has worked for them? The only positive testimonails are from people with once greasy skin.

And there's a lot of talk about blackheads, but what about whiteheads?! Has anyone hade any luck with them?

M

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Mary said:
A lot of the people here have greasy skin but I think my skin is dry. I read that almond oil was good and jojoba oil. I wonder if anyone has dry skin and could tell me what has worked for them? The only positive testimonails are from people with once greasy skin.

Mary, I have combination skin and have had no problems using my castor/EVOO/grapeseed/jojoba oil mix on both parts of my face. Just take a couple of drops of jojoba oil to use as moisturizer when you're done.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Mary said:
That sound's amazing. And you are only using EVOO. That's olive oil, isn't it?
Do you massage or only put it on and wipe it off?

M

I massaged it quite a bit! I don't feel the blackheads every time, but I can see it getting better and better. However, I'm going through the detox phase right now, which sucks! But I'm sure it'll be worth it.

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
pigeon toe said:
I massaged it quite a bit! I don't feel the blackheads every time, but I can see it getting better and better. However, I'm going through the detox phase right now, which sucks! But I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Ive been using it for about 3 weeks now...and Ive only broken out with one big pimple so far. Im half hoping its the clean out :)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
RitaHayworth said:
Ive been using it for about 3 weeks now...and Ive only broken out with one big pimple so far. Im half hoping its the clean out :)

Yeah, it's definitely not too bad! It's mostly on my forehead, which can be easily covered. I don't think anyone's going to be looking at me THAT closely anyway!

I think I'm going to invest in some jojoba and lavender oil today. I love lavender as a scent (it's my favorite) and I heard it has good antiseptic qualities and helps with blackheads. Anyone else use lavender?

Does anyone have experience with Vitamin E oil and fading scars? What else does it do for the skin? My ex likes to play dermatologist with me, leading to some flat, discolored scars from where he was too abusive! Time always fades them for me, but I'd love to speed up the process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24