Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oil Cleansing Method

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
CanadaDoll said:
Please keep us posted on how that one does, I've seen it so many times, but for some reason or another I'm nervous about using it, don't know why though, cause I love Lush[huh]

Has anyone tried Rose Hip oil? All the stress of exams, retail at christmas time, and running out of the oil left me with hysterical skin, the break out I got was painful, and just all round unpleasant, and within three days of getting the Rose Hip oil again and my skin is 50% better, and no longer sore, I love the stuff!

Rose hip oil is some sort of miracle elixir. I've been using it as a night time moisturiser for four years or more. I had reasonably bad teenage acne, and started using rose hip oil on the tail end of it. It made short work of the many purple scars and seemed to help the breakouts heal. It honestly seems to heal the occasional breakout that I have now, too. What would have lasted for a week lasts for a day or two.

I love rosehip oil too! :)

Josephine

One Too Many
I use Rose Hip oil in my mix also. It's wonderful for the skin, with Vit A and lots of essential fatty acids (I also use Helichrysum italicuum and Sage. I toss in a little Vit E oil while I'm at it too).

Fleur de vanité

New in Town
I found this thread a few days back and ever since that's all I've been using to clean my face,it truly works wonders.

I had twp pimples on my lower right cheek near my jawbone,and the next morning after using the OCM the size reduced to a completely flat surface,all that is left now are light red dots,which I expect to be gone within the next couple days.

I absolutely love this! :eusa_clap

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Hmmm.... I started three days ago, and I seem to have developed lots of spots, and I don't usually get them at all :(

Help!

Jenautica

Familiar Face
Josephine said:
I use Rose Hip oil in my mix also. It's wonderful for the skin, with Vit A and lots of essential fatty acids (I also use Helichrysum italicuum and Sage. I toss in a little Vit E oil while I'm at it too).

Miss Josephine, which brand/strength of rose hip oil are you using? I'd love to try some after my oil cleanse to fade on old acne marks. I'm confused over which is more suitable; rose hip oil, or rose hip seed oil?[huh]

Josephine

One Too Many
Ada Veen said:
Hmmm.... I started three days ago, and I seem to have developed lots of spots, and I don't usually get them at all :(

Help!

I wouldn't worry about the spots, many people have has this problem (me too) when starting OCM. basically the oil is getting deep into your skin and pulling up all the dirt and other oils and dead skin etc. That will cause blemishes for a few days until all that gunk is gone. After that, your skin will look much better. :)

Jenautica said:
Miss Josephine, which brand/strength of rose hip oil are you using? I'd love to try some after my oil cleanse to fade on old acne marks. I'm confused over which is more suitable; rose hip oil, or rose hip seed oil?

I use Organic Rose Hip Oil from Camden Grey. I get all my essential oils and butters and regular oils (except Olive oil and Castor oil [grocery store]) from there. I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I would go with Rose Hip Oil, I've never seen Rose Hip Seed Oil. Here's the recipe I use for scars:

Oil Mixture (mix in a sterilized container)
1 part Helichrysum italicuum or Everlasting
1-part Sage (not clary sage)
15-Carrier oil A
15 parts-Carrier oil B

Scars and Stretchmarks Treatment Oil
A=Rose Hip Oil or Cocoa Butter or Sunflower Oil (or mixed!)
B=Hazelnut Oil or Coconut Oil (76 degree) or Sweet Almond or Sunflower Oil (or mixed!)

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
I am loving this so far!!! I stopped wearing foundation. The healthy glow I have is a lot more 'girl next door' vintage....

Fleur de vanité

New in Town
Ada Veen said:

Help!

Yes,I agree with the other ladies here,I got one little bump right beside of my left eyebrow but it went away the next morning.

My skin does look rather amazing! compared to the results of the other skincare products I've been using the past couple years.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I'll give it a couple of weeks and see how I go. I have to say I like that you can use it on the eye area, as I always feel that as you can't use ordinary moisturizer there they get a bit neglected... eye creams don't seem to feel so nourishing.

Jenautica

Familiar Face
NoirDame said:
I am loving this so far!!! I stopped wearing foundation. The healthy glow I have is a lot more 'girl next door' vintage....

That's what I love!! I don't have to pile a bunch of make up on anymore.

THANKS Josephine! I'll give them a try, and definitely mix up a batch of your scar blend.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
CanadaDoll said:
Please keep us posted on how that one does, I've seen it so many times, but for some reason or another I'm nervous about using it, don't know why though, cause I love Lush[huh]

Has anyone tried Rose Hip oil? All the stress of exams, retail at christmas time, and running out of the oil left me with hysterical skin, the break out I got was painful, and just all round unpleasant, and within three days of getting the Rose Hip oil again and my skin is 50% better, and no longer sore, I love the stuff!

I'm still loving the soap. It's great for travel! You should definitely use a wash cloth with it, though (just like you would using the OCM).

I haven't tried rosehip oil yet, but I'm sure it's great for the complexion! Rosehips are one of the best sources of vitamin C available. I eat rosehip jam as a spread all the time for the vitamin C.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Interesting

I got an email from Clarins today.

Their new cleanser goes from a gel to an oil to a foam....or some such...

But at the bottom....was "Contrary to popular beleif, the best way to remove excess oil in the skin is not with water, its with oil. Why? Because oil and water don't mix, whereas oil adheres to oil helping to balance and refine the complexion."

Miss Cicero

New in Town
Hello ladies,

I started using a 50:50 mixture of EVOO and castor oil around the end of November and my skin (usually clear and not sensitive) started to break out, gradually getting worse and worse. I thought I’d give it a few weeks to settle down but the spots just kept coming! It got so bad that I had to stop last weekend and resort to the Clinique 3-step system I used to use (awful, I know, and akin to using paint stripper on your face but at least my skin is back to normal!). I’ve ordered some jojoba and rosehip oils so I’ll try some alternative combos – it sounds like the EVOO could be the culprit based on what some of you have said. I love the simplicity of the OCM (and the lack of man-made nasties) so I’m hoping I can make it work…

If all else fails I might give the Sweet Japanese Girl a try.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Well..... after the initial break out (my boyfriend: what are you doing to your face???) things have cleared up! I'm pretty happy with the way it is going now. I find my skin is much better if I moisturise with my regular moisturiser after using OCM. I used my old cleanser last night as I didn't have my oils handy, and this morning my skin was all dry and patchy.

so, it's a thumbs up from me.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
After reading many threads and articles on OCM, and trying the Deep Cleansing Oil from DHC, I decided to make my own potion and see what happens. My potion consists of 25% Castor, 60% EVOO and 15% Grapeseed. My skin is dry/combo so I figured the grapeseed would help

I also found Burts Bees Rosewater and Glycerin Toner. It smells lovely.

I have my flannel cloths (yay for leftover sewing scraps!) and I'll be giving it a go tonight before bed. I'm so excited!!:D

Any words of wisdom are appreciated. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran