Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Highwayman will ride again!

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
Outstanding jacket - looking forward to the "after" pictures. Mind me asking what this will cost all in (eBay purchase and repairs)? Thanks

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Dang, that is one bad@$$ jacket !! looks like a black steer jacket that is worn right down to the brown :)

What kind of lining are you having Aero go back with?

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Won the jacket for £99, new liner will be £80, new zip £40. The lining is going to be Royal Stewart, pretty traditional for a Highwayman.

bumphrey hogart

One of the Regulars
That's a great price for it all when you think what you'd pay new,and then how much work you'd have to put in to get a new one looking like that. That's it I've decided,no more leathers,just going to put the time in to get the ones I've got looking like this one. I suppose that's the next twenty years taken care of!

mopar 38

New in Town
Jake , beautiful Patina on Your Highwayman ,
? Which Zipper do You choose ?
And i want to say sorry for " Interruption " Your Thread with my Highwayman Pic`s
# Norbert

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Going for antique brass.

The more old Highwaymen, the better! I'd love it if the thread filled up with photos the 'old guys'.

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Howdy folks, it's been a while and high time I updated this thread with a few photos. Aero did a fantastic job of relining the jacket in vibrant Royal Stuart tartan and the additional inside pocket is, of course, very useful.

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
Cannot believe my eyes looking at your jacket - AWESOME! Have to invest much more time in my horsehide jackets. But not sure if one will ever look like yours?

For me....that's the great 'benefit' to the hide finishes that Aero uses. Along with their hides being super tough..they are 'allowed' to develope nice grain as well as a gradual burnished appearance resulting in great 'charactor'. In my opinion..this can make a nice contrast with a neat shirt and tie with slacks...OR...simple T shirt and denim. How could it get any better? Looks like a grand 'keeper' Jake!
HD

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hello Jake;

Looks like Aero did a great job on the reline.
Your Highwayman is an incredible jacket......naturally aged with wearing giving that warm subdued but inviting glow that only comes with use.
I echoe the comments from ButteMT61, Windward and HD. Also what is really awesome is that it is Aero's heavy steer, proving that quality steerhide will age with that unmistakable patina usually associated with horsehide.

Well done Jake!

Best regards, coffee

Aero should use that jacket on their homepage! I can't stop looking at it. And yes, cow/steer is just as awesome as FQHH. I have both, and they top my list for jackets.
Damn. That's just sexy. (I feel like a dame talkin' about shoes :))

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Awesome patina. Was this a black or a brown jacket when it was new? Can't really tell from the pictures.

Cooperson

One Too Many
I thought this was one great looking leather when you first posted it but the new red lining has brought it to life. Perfection!

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys. I'm more than pleased now it has its new lining. Looking at those areas where there has been less wear (and you have to look closely for those on this jacket) I can confirm that the original colour was black.

garzo

One of the Regulars
Wow, what a beaut. I'd almost want to say that the steerhide ages better than horse and ends up with more interesting patina as a result. Horse is so damn tough that it just does not age the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany