Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Highwayman will ride again!

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Last week I won an 'bay auction for this well worn Aero Highwayman. This jacket looks like its seen some action! - just look at the wear pattern down the sleeves. The leather is very thick steerhide but not at all stiff, I guess testament to the fact that those tough years spent breaking-in really work. Battered to perfection on the outside, the inside isn't quite so appealing so i've sent it straight onto Scotland for a new liner, zip and inside pocket.

I'll update in around 8 weeks time when this old Highwayman will be ready to hit the road once more!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Last edited:

garzo

One of the Regulars
Looks fantastic. Incredible color and texture -- great patina all around. I'd be really interested to see what it looks like when it comes back to you. I'm waiting for a used Highwayman myself, but it's in very new condition.

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
How on earth can anyone sell such a jacket full of memories, I'll never understand.

Their loss, your gain anway. Congrats, wear it in good health!

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
DUDE!
That's the perfect jacket.
It's exactly what I want my Highwayman to look like some day.
Mine is FQHH so I wonder if it'll look as good as yours.
I need to find an alley filled with bricks and sand and roll around in it. : )
Take lots more pix when it comes back.
Lenny

Gancho

One of the Regulars
What a teriffic jacket. There are not a lot of things that are getting better and better in heavy use. Our jackets will do and this is the evidence.

enjoy it!

Olli

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
^^ lots of pics when it gets back for sure ;)

I'd love to know how old it is (from the 80s?) and how often its owner(s) wore it. Certainly encouraging to know that the £££'s invested in our new Aero jackets are worth it.

bumphrey hogart

One of the Regulars
It's an absolute beast,what do you have to do to get a patina like that? If it is 80s,that means my 2, being h/h, are going to need at least another 20 years,bloody hell!
Is that lining cotton? Cotton is going to be more hardwearing than alpaca,the wear it must have seen to trash a lining like that, and as eC said how do you get rid of a jacket like that? There must be a tragic story behind it.

mopar 38

New in Town
Hi ,

like to show some Pic`s of my 23 Years old Highwayman in FQHH , Lining is Alpacca .
It is from Ebay too , very well broken in .
Inside the Pocket on little Piece of Cloth :

Order : Alley
No.: 12/88
Size : 48
Maker : Bobbie

Pic`s are taken today , so You can see little Snow came down here in northern Germany .

6181189epm.jpg

6181259pzd.jpg

Greetings ,

Norbert

garzo

One of the Regulars
It looks to me like it was a brown jacket. Would a black Highwayman ever get that kind of patina?

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
It looks to me like it was a brown jacket. Would a black Highwayman ever get that kind of patina?

I think it is actually black but the dye has worn away so much that it gives the impression of brown. When it comes back from Aero i'll investigate under the arms and places with the least wear. I only handled it for around an hour before I packed it up again and shipped it on so now i'm wondering that question myself.

Norbert, your Highwayman looks beautifully cared for.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24