Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old radios at auction

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Bartender, please cancel this thread if it's not appropriate - I've avoided highlighting AN auction or providing links in an effort to stay on the side of the angels.

I've noticed that one Ebay seller is in the process of selling a long list of very nice, well preserved 40's and 50's radios. Some are bakelite, and most are in unusually good condition. Because these are active auctions, I will not link to any of them in this post.

The seller's username is statenislandjunkman. I have no connection to this person and cannot vouch for him/her, but the radios are of a type that I thought would interest a number of members here. I have seldom seen a group of radios like these.

If this post is inappropriate, I do apologize - but I wanted to at least let members know about this. [huh]

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Well, I couldn't resist! I bought two.

Here's a real prize...tweed cover, tuning in the handle!
1dba_1.JPG

20e6_1.JPG

And this teal green one with a Lucite handle will be coming home, too:

d98b_1.JPG

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Those who are fans of old Fender music amplifiers will know how alluring a tweed cover can be.

I have NEVER seen a portable radio like that, and its condition is beautiful.

My wife said she'd stash them and give 'em to me as a Father's Day present.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner