Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old - timey names!

• Thread starter Deleted member 12480
  • Start date

Barbigirl

Practically Family
~

I had a black lab named Melanie (which means one with dark hair) and we called her Miss Mellie often.

I just thought of that since puppy is mostly black.

How about Minerva or Minnie for short? I think it has a nice old-fashioned ring to it.

When I was a kid we had an apricot toy poodle named Ginger. Our next door neighbors at the time had a pair of poodles named Sonny and Cher, and Ginger came from their litter.

Missy Hellfire

One of the Regulars
I wouldn't worry too much about her official moniker, dogs are intelligent things and can know more than one name. My little dog is called Ellie but also answers to 'Boo' (which I call her most often) and also 'Stinky' (Which my OH calls her most often!). You can still call her Winnie, just make sure she knows her other name, too! :)

D

Deleted member 12480

hey everyone, some more really cute suggestions!

We've been persuading and persuading and we think we may habe got winnie to stick but we also plan to get her some company so i'll definitely suggest all of your names to the rest of the family.

Thanks so much!

Xxxxx

dementedmomma

New in Town
i know it's a boy's name but my cousin has a dog named bueford. i don't think that's how you spell it. (b-you-ford). anyhow, i love the name!!!

ALLAN PRICE

New in Town
my staffordshire bull terrier is named Major but i mainly call him "Fatwa",i think its from keep calling him fatty....
i also have a cat called Montgomery who also had a brother cat called Rommel before he got run over(damn you transit van driver,DAMN YOU!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy