Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Older Than Dirt Quiz

airfrogusmc

Suspended
There was an old drug store with a long wooden bar and a soda fountain that we'd stop at on our way to see a movie. The drug store had those old wooden ladders that hade wheels on the bottom and set in tracks on the top.
Noth'n like the chocolate or cherry cokes made buy a genuine soda jerk.

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
Well, there's lots of things on this list I've never heard of, or have heard of but not seen, but I think that's because I'm not American. :) Much as I love Studebakers, you don't see them here much outside of shows.

Of the things listed, I have owned, or had at home, the following:

Roll caps/cap guns (and bashing caps with a rock)
Crank-turn telephone (went through to the operator)
Candy cigarettes (still available)
Home milk delivery with glass bottles (but foil lids, not cardboard)
45 rpm records
HiFi
metal ice tray w/lever
mimeograph paper (at school)
wash tub with wringer
black & white TV - only 2 channels!
push mower w/metal grass catcher

Also, forget the phone - my friend had a car which you started with a crank! :)

That's 11 replies, bearing in mind that you don't get many of those things in this country at all... So apparently, I "shouldn't tell my age". :p

(I just turned 26)

Angelicious said:
That's 11 replies, bearing in mind that you don't get many of those things in this country at all... So apparently, I "shouldn't tell my age". :p

(I just turned 26)

Ah, you got the same rating as I did.
The caps for cap guns were a little different for me. We used a hammer. :p If you hit a whole roll just right they go up like a haystack when a match hits it in July. ;) (Kids don't do this at home. J was just having some fun long ago---I don't think they have those anymore anyway. Oooooohhh a scary gun that goes bang! Ohhhhhhh!)

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy