Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One Of My Every Day Fedoras! Pic

MJL

One of the Regulars
I have been wearing a fedora off and on (mostly on) since my early 20s. Here is a photo snapped this afternoon of myself and some of my students in my classroom. The fedora is a black Biltmore Royal made in Canada. It is a knock-about hat but is not entirelly my taste. When you have a 7 7/8 head you sometimes have to settle for hats that are not quite "your taste".

DSC_0063.jpg

MJL

One of the Regulars
I am a historian. I have no complaints with my students. They are great kids and are headed off to University in May for a wonderful future. I always feel it is my honor to be in their lives but they seem to feel otherwise. We actually make our students wear uniforms but this was a special occaison so we allowed them to wear "street clothes" for the day. Here is another photo. Please note that I am wearing a Cubano guayaberra but felt like wearing the black hat instead of Milano straw as I felt the black, although ordinary, was more formal.

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
Nice hat you've got there. I have one that is very similar in light gray.

:eek:fftopic: That wouldn't happen to be G. Holmes Braddock High, in Miami, would it?

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
Well, not exactly, no. I have stood in that room and you have taught a few of my friends. I am class of '04. Nice to see that someone in that school has some sense of style. :eusa_clap Keep it up MJL!

MJL

One of the Regulars
GoneSolo said:
Well, not exactly, no. I have stood in that room and you have taught a few of my friends. I am class of '04. Nice to see that someone in that school has some sense of style. :eusa_clap Keep it up MJL!

A sense of style? That is a thought that has never ever been applied to me! I just decided to start wearing my hats into the school about the time you were leaving. I used to leave them in the car but soon decided to do my own thing and look different than the other teachers. I prefer not to think of myself with style. Instead, I prefer to think of myself as a walking anachronism! A dinosaur. A throwback to another time and place. My body has to live in 2007 but my mind can live in the early 20th Century!

I thought for sure that I was the only member here from this area. I get so many strange looks that I have long ago decided the infidels in this area must have never seen a man in a proper hat before! What size cabesa do you have? I have a few too-small hats I may pass your way if you can use them....I would have to dig them out first!

MJL

One of the Regulars
Twitch said:
Looks fine! and shows you can wear a fedora with any type of clothing!
Fedora.gif

Yeah, I am going to agree with that thought. Once you get used to wearing your fedora you find ways of fitting it into your everday dress and life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen