Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One of my favorite movie hat scenes

Alchemy5150

New in Town
Abbott and Costello try and find Bagel Street

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-WIQ67vRg6c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-WIQ67vRg6c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I don't have a video link but in both films "A River Runs Through It" and "The Road to Perdition" characters use their fedoras to shield others from seeing them drink from flasks. I thought in both cases it was cool.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Those old bits are great to see!...Love that thin ribbon, silver belly on the guy that gets taken away by the cop!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :D

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
One of mine is without a doubt in the Big Squeeze. Two thugs attack Bogart in a dark alley. During the assault one of the thugs removes his own hat, holds it in front of Bogart's face, and punches him hard right through the hat! Having knocked Bogart down, and while walking away, the assailant calmly puts the crease back in his now misshapen hat and places it right back on his head!

Anyone around here remember this scene? or perhaps someone here has even tried this technique in an actual brawl. Not only would the hat help to protect your hand from the blow, it would also help make it hard for your adversary to see the punch coming!

Goose.

Practically Family
carter said:
The opening scene with the two killers in the diner in The Killers (1946) is not only one of my favorite scenes in film but those two guys wear their fedoras like they were born in them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9QibWGP80
That profile shot of them in the light by the gas pump is a great shot. About 1:58 in to it. I need to check that movie out. Wondering what happened in the diner and Tom at the gas station.
Thanks for posting it Carter :)

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
zetwal said:
One of mine is without a doubt in the Big Squeeze. Two thugs attack Bogart in a dark alley. During the assault one of the thugs removes his own hat, holds it in front of Bogart's face, and punches him hard right through the hat! Having knocked Bogart down, and while walking away, the assailant calmly puts the crease back in his now misshapen hat and places it right back on his head!

Anyone around here remember this scene? or perhaps someone here has even tried this technique in an actual brawl. Not only would the hat help to protect your hand from the blow, it would also help make it hard for your adversary to see the punch coming!

That is a good scene. And you get a fleeting glimpse of the inside of Bogart's hat later on. If you used that tactic it would also stop any blood getting on your hand :) but you'd end up with blood on your hat :eek: .

Russ

One of the Regulars
Can't say much about the straw hats, but I love the fedoras in that scene. Absolutely perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy