Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One of "those days"...

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
Kinda scared to ask this. Here goes. Have any of you ever felt like not wearing a hat? I woke up today and just didn't want to wear one. That changed, of course, when I saw that it was raining (which was a blessing). This was the first time I haven't wanted to wear one, and I'm glad I took it with me. I would've been so lonely without it!

HatsEnough

Banned
I never wear a hat when sleeping or in the shower. I don't wear a hat when I am riding a bike or a motorcycle. I don't wear a hat when swimming (as A.C.Lyles notes.) I don't wear a hat in church. I did not wear a hat when being baptized... but I guess that is covered under swimming.... more or less. I don't wear a hat when... OK< that one may be too much information.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I can concur with all the above excuses to the wearing of a hat, with one further addition, I remove my hat while shaving......

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Kinda scared to ask this. Here goes. Have any of you ever felt like not wearing a hat? I woke up today and just didn't want to wear one. That changed, of course, when I saw that it was raining (which was a blessing). This was the first time I haven't wanted to wear one, and I'm glad I took it with me. I would've been so lonely without it!

If I am leaving the house, I am wearing a hat, regardless of where I am going. If I have to remove it when I get to my destination, I do so. If I am in the house, chances I will be wearing a hat, too, because everyone in the house likes the temperature a little colder than what my follically-challenged pate finds comfortable.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'll add that even though I have a hat on me at most times, the actual time it spends on my head can often be a rather short period of time.

frussell

One Too Many
Don't feel bad David. There are some days when I wake up and my hair looks so super-awesome I just can't cover it up. It would be sort of like killing a mockingbird. Frank

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
There is always just institutionalization.

Guess I'll be on my way. :p
In my 2 years of wearing hats, it's only been my first time.But, the important thing is that I DID wear it. There must be greater powers at work to make the circumstances to where I would wear it.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
If I woke up and didn't care to wear a hat I would hope someone would get me evaluated for possibly having had a stroke or check carefully on my temples for burn marks from electro-shock therapy.

I think the last time I didn't want to wear hat was when they anesthetized me for dental surgery. I knew the head rest of the operative chair would mess up the back of the brim of the hat. There are other times I do not wear a hat but we are talking about NOT wanting to wear a hat.

Nobert

Practically Family
Interesting question, and interesting replies. I started wearing hats because I wanted to, but at this point I never think about whether it's something I want to do or not. I just do it. It's like wearing socks. I feel half naked if I leave the house without a necktie, but I can easily walk down to the corner store without my hat and jacket. Going further, I would feel weird if I didn't have my hat with me, but it's habit as much as anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart