Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One seriously cool Mexican

shortbow

Practically Family
Saw "Viva Zapata" last nite with Marlon Brando. First time I'd seen it and I'm wondering how I missed this one. Great flick, my favorite Brando role, probably my favorite Oater until Tombstone and Dances. If you haven't seen it, you'll really dig it.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
shortbow said:
Saw "Viva Zapata" last nite with Marlon Brando. First time I'd seen it and I'm wondering how I missed this one. Great flick, my favorite Brando role, probably my favorite Oater until Tombstone and Dances. If you haven't seen it, you'll really dig it.
Sorry, Brando is cool and all but he can't hold a glass devotional candle to Machete.
Now that's a cool Mexican!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Or this guy here.

sjff_01_img0501.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
150719541 said:
2435794750106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

With my loved Mustang 84" and a Fedora Borsalino alined Porkpie ¡¡¡
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
We have a seriously cool mexican on this board.

MCPRE

Familiar Face
How about Eli Wallach, who is also not really Mexican either but Jewishlol , but played the role IMHO to a t.
"Hey Blondie", the scene where he goes into the gun shop and builds his own pistola is awesome.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Dixon Cannon said:
Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez

tuco.jpg

...now that is one cool Mexican!

-dixon 'the ugly' cannon

Yes indeed! I have lost track of how many times I've seen that film, but I'm a Sergio Leone and spaghetti western aficionado. I personally rank The Good, the Bad and the Ugly below The Godfather when it comes to the best.

On a side note, I'll have to see that Marlon Brando film...

Gilboa

One of the Regulars
Charles Bronson, even though American, often played Mexicans or half Indians because of his looks.

Yul Brynner does well playing a Mexican ...

I too very much enjoy western movies, favourites being: 'My name is nobody' and 'Once upon a time in the west' (both of which have also excellent music by Moriconne)

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Gilboa said:
Charles Bronson, even though American, often played Mexicans or half Indians because of his looks.

Yul Brynner does well playing a Mexican ...

I too very much enjoy western movies, favourites being: 'My name is nobody' and 'Once upon a time in the west' (both of which have also excellent music by Moriconne)

I know about both, but My Name is Nobody is actually pretty obscure, so I'm glad to see another appreciates it. Wasn't this Henry Fonda's last western?

Gilboa

One of the Regulars
The Good said:
I know about both, but My Name is Nobody is actually pretty obscure, so I'm glad to see another appreciates it. Wasn't this Henry Fonda's last western?

I would not know this for certain.

It is indeed a slightly obscure movie, although quite humourus, but maybe that is why it isn't so well known.

As I have grown up on the continent, I am very used to seeing Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer western comedies, which are usually terribly silly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot