Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

Roan

One of the Regulars
The latest from Mr. Deckard's tumblr:
tumblr_mztk0eqYm61r91qw7o1_500.jpg

captioned: "Coming soon. Knox special edition"

Wow, I can't wait to see the rest of the hat!

Nope, two separate colors. In the pictures, the Cornhill is more grey than the Tawny. When they come in I'll take an outside picture with a grey card so I can get the color adjusted properly and then you'll be able to see the difference.

Tom

Okay, I just saw 3 options on Delmonico's & assumed the Tawny was the Cornhill they had listed... where did you order yours from?

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
Okay, I just saw 3 options on Delmonico's & assumed the Tawny was the Cornhill they had listed... where did you order yours from?

The Brass Rooster, here in Milwaukee... http://www.brassrooster.com

They have my business for cleaning and other work. I have one of their custom hats as well. They now have a relationship with Stetson (or whatever you want to call it) and Matt Deckard. Both John and I are pretty excited about this new Knox, as John is a big Knox nut.

I went down to pay for them today and pick up a vintage Stratoliner I had cleaned and the sweat replaced (see Strat thread) and paid for the two ordered hats. I'm pretty excited. He has a Tawny Stetsonian out and if the Strats are that good as well, I will be One Happy Person.

Tom

Landman

One Too Many
I didn't know there was a Tawny Stratoliner either. I thought there was only Black, Mink and Cornhill. That's great if there is. I hope they make them in many different colors.

That Knox looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the rest of it!

Landman

One Too Many
Well, I paid for two hats, Tawny and Cornhill, so we'll see what I get. :)

Tom

If they are anything like my black one I think you will like them.

I wonder why Stetson went with so many different shades of brown on this first run. Seems like one shade of brown and another color like silverbelly would have attracted more buyers.

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
If they are anything like my black one I think you will like them.

I wonder why Stetson went with so many different shades of brown on this first run. Seems like one shade of brown and another color like silverbelly would have attracted more buyers.

If they do a silver belly of this quality, I'm all over it.

The Tawny Stetsonian I saw in person looks green to me... and the pictures I've seen of the Cornhill are almost taupe (a color I really like).

Colors I do not have, so looking forward to it.

Tom

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here

The Tawny Stetsonian I saw in person looks green to me... and the pictures I've seen of the Cornhill are almost taupe (a color I really like).

Colors I do not have, so looking forward to it.

Tom

Quite right, a SB Strat would be well neigh irrasistable.
Such a decision would bypass my rational pre-frontal lobes- and go right to the limbic system "Og need strat".

An easy choice to make & a great idea...>ahem<..."paging Mr. M Deckard." ;)

tommyK

One Too Many

Tom
I also would love to see a taupe in the Stratoliner or any kind of grey. I have the Cornhill and it is nothing like any taupe I've seen. I agree that Stetson's Tawny is a little greenish, in fact if you go back a couple of pages in this thread You'll see a photo comparison of the two I posted. the Cornhill is more Orange-ish than the Tawny. It's a great color. The pic on Delmonico's website is not a good representation of the Cornhill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ