Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

tommyK

One Too Many
minkstrat_zps661290f5.jpg
Better sense of the rich color

Just got my new Strat and very impressed. The felt is pliable and soft, more like a vintage hat than some of the modern ones I've handled. I love the proportions, nice full crown. It fits well and feels very comfortable on my head. I have a Stetsonian at home waiting for me, can't wait to see that one. Thank you Matt and Stetson, these are truly nice hats.
+1
I definitely concur with Perry. Mine arrived today & I'll say that this is WHAT should've been done when HatCo originally relaunched the Stratoliner with the exception of this hat pin. As the hat left the box, this pin left the ribbon...The dimensions & the hand are worthy of the iconic handle. I do have a vintage Royal Deluxe Stratoliner & will do a side-by-side eval soon hopefully. Also need to stand it up against my Mid-Brown Imperial Campdraft.
This is a NICE lid!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I just noticed that the black Premiere Strat posted by Jared is a Royal Stetson grade but the Cornhill one shows Royal Deluxe grade like my Mink one.
Is that intentional or a slip-up?

Yeah, I picked up on that when I opened the box because I distinctly recall the Royal Deluxe designation...

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, my pin went bye-bye too. But the hat is definitely a keeper.

Whenever I see a photo of the new Stratoliner, I wish Hatco had done a deal with those guys who make the reproduction DC3 pins. One of those would be a classy finishing touch.

They do look to be a very nice hat though. If I didn't have the black Biltmore, I'd have gotten one of them.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
yse3egan.jpg

a6upa8e4.jpg

6y8udety.jpg

Here is my Strat came in today.
Finished better than the Stetsonian.

Say, that isn't too bad! In fact, as much as I'm amazed that I can actually say this about a modern Stetson, it really looks good. I hope they used a decent felt that won't bleed or taper up to a dunce hat shape after it gets out in the weather. If they did that too, then this is a great deal.

fedoralover

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I just received my black premiere Strat today, and I am blown away. This is a fantastic hat. The felt--mine is royal deluxe--feels tremendous and responds like a vintage hat. The styling and fit are superb, and the color is deep and consistent. All around, this hat is amazing. I'm a die-hard wide-ribbon fan, but I cannot get enough of this hat. I like it more even than my premiere Stetsonian. If you're on the fence at all about these new Strats, get off the fence and order one. They are really amazing.

A

Landman

One Too Many
I just noticed that the black Premiere Strat posted by Jared is a Royal Stetson grade but the Cornhill one shows Royal Deluxe grade like my Mink one.
Is that intentional or a slip-up?

My black Premier Strat states Royal De Luxe on the sweatband.

The mink Strats look great! I can't wait to get mine.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
The light on the back porch wasn't hat great yesterday. But the Mink is a nice dark brown. I have a Disney the same color. The hand finish is nice on the Strat. Now if Stetson would make a Grey and a Cadet blue model and perhas a sage green model it would be fine.:) They are a good hat for a factory hat
they in the same class as the Campdraft but not as nice as a VS. Which is the market Stetson need to fill getting i nice basic hat a that new person just getting into wearing hats.

Bold1972

New in Town
I almost wish I hadn't seen this post! LOL

These new offerings are sweet!

I just ordered a Premiere Stratoliner in Caribou from DelMonico.

How long of a wait should I expect for delivery to TN?

Duper

Practically Family
I almost wish I hadn't seen this post! LOL

These new offerings are sweet!

I just ordered a Premiere Stratoliner in Caribou from DelMonico.

How long of a wait should I expect for delivery to TN?

Welcome to the Lounge Bold1972. What a terrific way to start off with a new Caribou on the way. We all look forward to your posting of your opinion and some photos of the new addition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy