Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

tommyK

One Too Many
I just want to thank Jeff (Jedwbpm) for keeping us updated on what's available. I think I will get a Caribou Strat (just got the email that my Mink one is on the way) as well but I'm holding off in the hopes of getting that Knox Special Edition first or a Grey Stetsonian. As soon as we get the word I'll be calling to order.

g.durand

One Too Many
I just want to thank Jeff (Jedwbpm) for keeping us updated on what's available. As soon as we get the word I'll be calling to order.

+1. Jeff, let us know when those Caribou Strats are available to order. It's my favorite Hatco color. Like everyone else, I'm hoping this is an indication of where they're headed and that they expand the color and style offerings.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I have a Cornhill on its way but I may have to splurge on a Caribou as well! But first I am going to order an Open Road Panama as soon as you guys have them up on your web site! Can't wait!

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
<drools> I love my caribou non premium Stratoliner, I was hoping they'd do it in the new Premium version too. Now they do but now I'm gonna have to wait to get one (its gonna have to wait for me).

Hmm, maybe if I wish for some "non" traditional colors, like oxblood, cordovan, or them blues they may do them? LOL
Personally, I dont care one way or another if they are open crowned or not, I happen to like the pinch my hat currently has so thats not a deal breaker for me. (And yes, I know I can get a custom hat like that, I'm working towards that in my future)

Ahhh well, watching to see what else they get out, keep em coming.

Last edited:

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
Come on, they are finally doing something for us on style, felt and models and you are still unhappy? LOL

Not unhappy with them, unhappy I cant purchase more of them currently. 8-/
That is, if you are referring to my post. Heh.

I love the fact they are bringing more colors out, I want them to do that, but I just wish I had held off my my xmas gift of the caribou non prem strat if I had known they would release a prem one so quickly. But thats okay, my loss others gain, its all good in the end. :cool:

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Agreed, gtdean48! I was in a shop yesterday that had a walnut non-premium Stratoliner in my size for 50% off of $170. Even though I love the color I couldn't bring myself to purchase it for the relative steal price of $85. Not the right hat for me - just not enough headroom. They had a few other Stetson's - couple of Sovereign felts, too - but they were 50% off of $330! So, on sale for MSRP. I laughed out loud.

Just got my new Strat and very impressed. The felt is pliable and soft, more like a vintage hat than some of the modern ones I've handled. I love the proportions, nice full crown. It fits well and feels very comfortable on my head. I have a Stetsonian at home waiting for me, can't wait to see that one. Thank you Matt and Stetson, these are truly nice hats.
A quick head shot at work,

pw007-1.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
_DSC0978_zps446fc960.jpg
_DSC0982_zps53f1a9e8.jpg
_DSC0989_zps2768b618.jpg
_DSC0976_zps8b819208.jpg
Got my Mink today as well. Once again great rich color, lovely hand, and just as moldable as the Cornhill was or better. It might be hard to see but the crown height on this topped out at almost 5 7/8!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot