Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

tommyK

One Too Many
10802564_390581001118383_1357839931_n.jpg
Knew this was coming-Boss Raw Edge, first I've seen someone has it in stock. Have to go check it out. Pretty sure I'll never see an original in my size

tommyK

One Too Many
I'd like to swap that brown ribbon for silverbelly (might even ask if they can do it there?) but I'd like to see it in person first. I'm guessing that brim is about 3 1/2. I'm hoping to get in the city maybe next weekend, I'll report back with more details if I do.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Green Stratoliner? Me likey

Now I am intrigued.....really could it be a pine green like the vintage Stratoliner? Jeepers that's too cool. I have a pine green vtg.Strat and am very careful that I am not loving it to death. Dependent on the felt and finish this would be a great addition to my hat closet.

If you have more concrete info yell.

Thanks and thinking green, Eric -

srq2002

Familiar Face
I have two of the regular modern Stratoliners, and they have the thinnest/lightest felt of all of my Stetsons, with a Benchley being a close second.

Can anyone tell me how the felt of the Premiere Stratoliners compares? Thanks!

Asmo

One of the Regulars
Me too. I might have to tell my wife that once you buy so many Stetsons, they send you one free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommyK

One Too Many
I have no insider info. The pics are from Matt Deckard's tumblr feed. So far most things have just been prototypes. But, they have done a lot of colors in the Strats so there is hope.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family

Sure looks like an open crown Whippet in Caribou that he may have worn to an expo. I would bet that he had the clout to get one before it got a hard crease stamped into it.

Fed

PS - After looking around, I am completely wrong. The edge binding is thinner - more like a Strat than the Whippet and the band seems a bit narrower. A new model named the Exposition should be out before long.

F

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points