Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

Roan

One of the Regulars
Thanks! It took some patience and about an hour and a half of steaming and shaping. I would like to possibly put a pencil curl to the edge but, since I've never attempted it, I'm not so sure...

Last edited:

Roan

One of the Regulars
Well, seeing as the brim was almost entirely flat, snapping the front down just looked stupid on me. The way I have it currently is the only way I could make it look halfways ok. The brim really needs a deeper flanging in my opinion but, since I don't own one I can't do that....

Roan

One of the Regulars
I like the brim shape; no need for rude comments

Sorry, sorry; I didn't think I was being rude. Just offering an explanation for why I had done it that way; though I suppose you can't ever tell how a person really means to say something over the internet. One of the downfalls to not being able to hear vocal inflections and such..

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I feel really self-conscious wearing such a big-brimmed hat.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I may have missed this but has anyone gotten an open crown measurement on either of the hats? 5.5"?

Roan

One of the Regulars
Just stepped away to check; if my measurement is right it's 6in open.

P.S. On the Stetsonian that is.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry, sorry; I didn't think I was being rude. Just offering an explanation for why I had done it that way; though I suppose you can't ever tell how a person really means to say something over the internet. One of the downfalls to not being able to hear vocal inflections and such..

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I feel really self-conscious wearing such a big-brimmed hat.

I don't think Historyteach was saying YOU were being rude :D

Coulda sworn the Stetsonian was 6" open, but the Strat was 5.5" I think it's back in the thread somewhere....

Just stepped away to check; if my measurement is right it's 6in open.

P.S. On the Stetsonian that is.

Thanks jlee and Roan. That's a nice tall crown and one fine looking hat.

Panacheman

Familiar Face
pay no mind to the troll if you ignore him he'll get frustrated and go away. I like the pinch and the brim Roan Its got some great character, plenty of style, and more than a little panache.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran