Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo hat for sale 7 1/2

Bowtie Birmington

Familiar Face
I'm new on this forum and it will take this technology-challanged senior awhile to navigate it. I have a fabulous hat for sale, SIMPLY BECAUSE it does not fit. I recently purchased it from a seller who owns many fedoras, and the deal was too good to pass on. Unfortunately Optimo's 7 1/2 - 60 is just too big. Other than a faint ... very faint ... "wear" (looks like make up?) on the front of the sweatband the hat is in-my-opinion very, very close to looking like new (when it was sold the condition he used was pristine and I've only tried it on). As mentioned, it is from Optimo and is I believe their standard felt. Custom made in green with "The Mitchum" crown, 3" brim and hat trolly. The brim is wide by their standards, and "snaps down" easily. Of course their hatbox (oversized) is included. A great hat that is too big for me. I'll work on getting pictures up but thought I'd toss this post out. $225 plus $25 to ship. I've never worn the hat outside of my house; it is as I bought it and I was thrilled to see it arrive in such great condition. Optimo stopped posting prices on their hats but when they last did this hat would have retailed for $650. My email is whiterobin123@yahoo.com. Thanks, glad to be a new member: Bowtie Birmington

Last edited:

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Welcome, Bowtie!
Once you get to know the site, navigation is pretty simple. There is a great classified section for selling your treasures in need of love, and for buying new treasures to love with the money you make! You'll find it towards the bottom of the main page.
You seem to know a bit about nice hats already. We look forward to seeing some of your collection if you are the over-collecting type like lots of us here! :)

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Have you considered having it resized? Any accomplished hatter can do it. I've bought numerous vintage hats that were too big and had Northwest hats resize them down to fit me. Why give up an Optimo for a relatively easy fix.

fedoralover

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Welcome bowtie. If you are a hat wearer and you like the hat,then I would certainly consider a re-size. I'm sure Graham at Optimo would accommodate you and you could discuss with him possibly restyling it if you prefer something different. I own 2 of Graham's hats and I am very pleased that I do. However, if your bent on selling it you no doubt will make a fellow lounger quite happy.

Bowtie Birmington

Familiar Face
Welcome, Bowtie!
Once you get to know the site, navigation is pretty simple. There is a great classified section for selling your treasures in need of love, and for buying new treasures to love with the money you make! You'll find it towards the bottom of the main page.
You seem to know a bit about nice hats already. We look forward to seeing some of your collection if you are the over-collecting type like lots of us here! :)

Bowtie Birmington

Familiar Face
Have you considered having it resized? Any accomplished hatter can do it. I've bought numerous vintage hats that were too big and had Northwest hats resize them down to fit me. Why give up an Optimo for a relatively easy fix.

fedoralover
Agh, giving it up. I intended to have it resized but just purchased another Optimo; the re-sale funds that new buy.
Welcome bowtie. If you are a hat wearer and you like the hat,then I would certainly consider a re-size. I'm sure Graham at Optimo would accommodate you and you could discuss with him possibly restyling it if you prefer something different. I own 2 of Graham's hats and I am very pleased that I do. However, if your bent on selling it you no doubt will make a fellow lounger quite happy.

fedoralover

fedoralover

Bowtie Birmington

Familiar Face
Thanks for the love! I wear a size 7 3/8 but purchased two Optimo's from a seller in a size 7 1/2 @ a too-good-a-deal to pass. The first "The Mitchum" in oxblood & like-new condition, fits loosely and I'm keeping. A very nice hat! The second, a custom green "Mitchum" but with 3" brim & hat trolly in identical like-new condition, fits differently and needed re-sizing. Which I intended to do UNTIL ... and you know your Optimo hats ... I had a chance to purchase a brand new one in a 7 3/8. Did I mention it's a Melusine finish Raven w/ burgundy ribbon hat? Yeah!! So I'm selling the custom (and letting it go here on The Fedora Lounge at what I feel is a steal too) to "finance" a new Graham classic. So it goes, so it goes. Bowtie

oldschoolnew$$$

New in Town
Thanks for the love! I wear a size 7 3/8 but purchased two Optimo's from a seller in a size 7 1/2 @ a too-good-a-deal to pass. The first "The Mitchum" in oxblood & like-new condition, fits loosely and I'm keeping. A very nice hat! The second, a custom green "Mitchum" but with 3" brim & hat trolly in identical like-new condition, fits differently and needed re-sizing. Which I intended to do UNTIL ... and you know your Optimo hats ... I had a chance to purchase a brand new one in a 7 3/8. Did I mention it's a Melusine finish Raven w/ burgundy ribbon hat? Yeah!! So I'm selling the custom (and letting it go here on The Fedora Lounge at what I feel is a steal too) to "finance" a new Graham classic. So it goes, so it goes. Bowtie
can you send a few pics over on the one you are selling ?

Bowtie Birmington

Familiar Face
Here we go again (apparently). Selling my like-new Optimo Mitchum in oxblood, size 60 / 7 1/2. Not a thing wrong with it but instead I wear my Optimo raven melusine exclusively. I sold an Optimo in the same condition and size last year; should have asked more (it was snapped-up virtually before I could post pictures). Speaking of: pictures to follow once I figure out a price. Thanks, Bowtie

elveston

Familiar Face
Well, let's make it two in a row. If the hat is the same condition as the last one, my offer is $225 plus $25 shipping. I don't have an Optima, but I've heard so much about them, I really would like to see for myself.

Bowtie Birmington

Familiar Face
For those interested, just waiting for the Mrs. to help this technology-challanged oldie post the photos. It's been so long, just took the hat out of its Optimo hatbox. Other than a very faint wear on the front of the sweatband (condition-wise 9/10) I'd say liner (10/10) brim inside and out (10/10) and crown (10/10) BUT when I post the photos YOU BE THE JUDGE. I am not your typical FL member or I would never sell this, as now I have only two hats, with one being a Milton Johnson Montecristi Custom Hat Works Panama. The other is an unbelievable Optimo long-hair beaver (Melusine); Even a non-expert like myself knows a quality product and this is TOP SHELF (Graham has a video highlighting his ten-year quest to perfect the Melusine build and finish). I probably / definitely undervalued the last hat I sold on FL ... lost not one night's sleep over it! But for those who have offered the same buy price, I'm probably going to ask a bit more. Pictures up shortly, then you can determine its worth to you. Oxblood color, 'The Mitchum' 2 3/4" brim model, size 60 / 7 1/2. Thank you all.

RJR

For those interested, just waiting for the Mrs. to help this technology-challanged oldie post the photos. It's been so long, just took the hat out of its Optimo hatbox. Other than a very faint wear on the front of the sweatband (condition-wise 9/10) I'd say liner (10/10) brim inside and out (10/10) and crown (10/10) BUT when I post the photos YOU BE THE JUDGE. I am not your typical FL member or I would never sell this, as now I have only two hats, with one being a Milton Johnson Montecristi Custom Hat Works Panama. The other is an unbelievable Optimo long-hair beaver (Melusine); Even a non-expert like myself knows a quality product and this is TOP SHELF (Graham has a video highlighting his ten-year quest to perfect the Melusine build and finish). I probably / definitely undervalued the last hat I sold on FL ... lost not one night's sleep over it! But for those who have offered the same buy price, I'm probably going to ask a bit more. Pictures up shortly, then you can determine its worth to you. Oxblood color, 'The Mitchum' 2 3/4" brim model, size 60 / 7 1/2. Thank you all.
???????

Bowtie Birmington

Familiar Face
??????? Just have not gotten around to posting photos yet but I'm pretty certain that I still intend to sell it. Tried it on recently for the first time in months (don't even see it as it resides in a hatbox) and it is one gorgeous hat! Again, if I were your typical FL member I would certainly keep it in my "collection".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112