Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful lid, Robert. I believe it's Tom-N-Perris who has one made by TonyB in a similar color scheme. The indigo with the silver ribbon makes a very attractive hat. Congrats!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Tungsten Satin Finish Classic Fedora

Came home tonight to find a three pound package from Graham waiting for me.

Classic fedora in the new Tungsten, Satin Finish. This new satin finish, I believe, is an evolution and improvement upon Graham's 2010 satin finish. It is both more lustrous and shorter-haired.

Crown: 5" with slight taper, center crease.
Ribbon: 1-1/2", vintage.
Brim: 2-1/2", dimensional, with 1/4" edge binding.

The tungsten color is beautiful, but it is difficult to capture its mercurial and fluid qualities with a photograph. Here it is illuminated by medium overhead incandescent light, at night.

Slight taper to the crown.

The flash gives a better impression of the richness and depth of Tungsten, but exaggerates the sheen.

Tungsten can appear darker, almost Navy, especially with the flash, yet it is not a dark blue color at all.

Under warm incandescent overhead lighting.

Complex blend of incandescent, fluorescent, halogen and neon lighting.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
suitedcboy: Thanks. Indeed my adrenaline was flowing and it was a restless night. Kept waking up.

That is one very sharp looking hat you have on in your avatar, by the way.

danofarlington

Under warm incandescent overhead lighting.

Complex blend of incandescent, fluorescent, halogen and neon lighting.

See, this is one big reason why I tend to go for new hats. I'm not a fan of having a predominantly "vintage" style for myself. I like a hat that looks contemporary, like that one does. Sometimes I like a vintage look, but more often I like to look modern. So more than half my hat-wearing hours are with contemporary type hats rather than hats clearly from a former era.

Neophyte

Delectans...
That hat, from its finish to its color to its compatibility to your face shape, is simply I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E.! :eusa_clap

You wear it very, very well!

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
danofarlington: Thanks for your insight.

Neophyte: Appreciate the kind words!

mayserwegener: Thank you. Optimo really are doing some amazing work with the satin and velour finishes. Graham seems to continue to refine his felts from year to year. Art Fawcett does an amazing satin finish as well, but it is just not as well documented since he offers it by special request.

Mobile Vulgus: Thanks, I think you have more than a few lids which we are all jealous of!

Mulceber: Thank you. Tungsten is definitely a metallic color, but has an organic quality to it as well. My 14 year old son Ryan's immediate appraisal of the color was that it reminded him of the multi-hued blue-green sheen that you would see on a freshly caught mackerel, bonito, or tuna showing its 'colors'. An apt description of the Tungsten color, I think.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Damon: Thanks, I agree, Graham really has a passion for hats and it is reflected in his work. Seafoam is a stunning color!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Teal

Teal with Burgundy and Cream ribbon(I think I ate that recently in a French restaurant).

5194567219_c1848a24db_b.jpg
5195168984_bed3767b9f_b.jpg

Hey-I have matching vintage pajamas
5194656733_952ab4326a_z.jpg

Last edited:

BobC

Nice, Robert, and with a different ribbon than I've seen from Optimo before. Do you have any outdoor pictures of the teal?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Since I'm "local" I've been able to work directly on all the ribbon designs and color choices with the actual ribbon in hand. This one is a thin ribbon as well as a medium ribbon.
These are natural window light(North)moderate clouds. Appears a little darker and greener in person unless in bright sun(a little bluer as last photo).

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Robert, Thats a beauty! What is the felt / finish?
Its a moderately lightweight American-style finish short and smooth but a little texture. Similar to the weight and thickness of vintage Stetson or HCA "dress" products but better quality. Molds beautifully and easily as a vintage hat with no moisture necessary.

5195438830_d9aa151f45_z.jpg

accurate color on my monitor too

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo